POSITION: ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT
The Global Forum for the Defence of the Less Privileged (GFDLP) is a Human Rights organization for the promotion and protection of Women's Rights, Children's Rights, Rights of Persons with Disabilities, Right to Health, Rights of Detainees, Rights of Indigenous communities, Environmental Rights, Fight against Trafficking In Persons and Election Monitoring. We also ensure that companies voluntarily align their operations and strategies with the UN Global Compact ten universally accepted principles in the areas of Human Rights, Labour, Environment, and Anti-Corruption and to take actions in support of UN goals including the Millennium Development Goals and the Post-2015 Development Agenda.
We are looking for a qualified assistant accountant to perform the following responsibilities:
Reporting to the ACCOUNTANT and EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR the successful candidate will:
- Reconcile the receipt record with cash receipts and the bank deposit slip.
- Process invoices in SAGE SAARI.
- Prepare cheques corresponding payment – voucher.
- Enter all transactions into the SAGE SAARI as per GFDLP's procedures.
- Maintain payment voucher files in numerical order.
- Prepare target balance and finance statistics report
- Understand the sponsorship commitments and support GFDLP team at all times.
- Make payment for a project Outline and analyze its linkage to a grant in SAGE.
- Work hand in hand with the Executive Director to produce reliable information by maintaining record of financial transactions.
- Handle the daily requests for payment of all Program Unit Staffs.
- Work with the fundraising specialist in all issues related to fundraising.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
- Must have a minimum HND in Commerce or Business Administration with Accounting major
- Computer literate with ability to work with spread sheets.
- Good computer skills with ability to work with spread sheets, accounting software packages such as, Sage.
- A Minimum of 6months working experience as Assistant Accountant in a busy organization preferably with an NGO
- Candidates must have a clear mastery of OHADA and IFRS.
- Experience in fundraising and project management is an added advantage.
Interested applicants should send their Motivation Letter and Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com on or before 10 January 2017