WORLD BANK GROUP
RECRUITMENT OF FREELANCE ENGLISH TO FRENCH TRANSLATORS
The Translation and Interpretation Unit (GSDTI) of the World Bank Group is holding an examination on February 12, 2014 to recruit English->French translators for its roster of external vendors. The two-hour examination will be administered online and successful candidates will be added to the Bank's roster of external vendors.
Interested candidates who meet the requirements set out below are invited to submit their résumés together with a one-page cover letter summarizing their qualifications and experience by e-mail to email@example.com no later than 12 noon (EST) on Monday, February 10, 2014.
- Degree in translation or related discipline from a recognized university or instruction of higher learning and at least five years of proven experience as a professional translator
- Ability to produce accurate and stylistically appropriate translations in French of English texts o a wide range of subjects covering the activities of the World Bank Group with little need for revision and/or oversight
- Ability to plan and organise work to meet established deadlines
- Familiarity with CAT and related computer-based tools
- Specialized knowledge in fields such as public finance, accounting, law or the social sciences would be an asset
- Ability to also translate into French from languages other than English an asset.