The World Wide Fund for Nature seeks a
Chief Finance Officer for its Cameroon Programme
The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) is one of the largest independent conservation organizations in the world, active in almost 100 countries. It has been working in the Congo Basin in Central Africa for more than 20 years. Our mission is to stop the environmental degradation in the world and build a future where humans live in harmony with nature.
For our Finance unit in Cameroon, we are looking for a dynamic, motivated and committed Chief Finance Officer to drive a high performing financial operation for the country office with efficient and effective financial and accounting operations and IT services.
The CFO supervises or performs directly the tasks below within the Cameroon Programme, while ensuring that they are equally performed in all the Cameroon field sites by qualified and trained staff, in compliance with WWF International procedures. S/he verifies this by regular visits in the field and by arranging a system of reporting that allows monitoring the performance of each Field Project and Programme.
Policies, procedures and systems
- Ensures that all programme locations apply the established WWF International Field Operations Policies (FOM) and Network Standards as set out in the appropriate manuals;
- As appropriate and when required, co-ordinates the development and implementation of local versions and adaptations of existing WWF policies and standards. The adaptation process itself needs to comply with FOM requirements.
- Ensures wide awareness of WWF's fraud and corruption policy by Finance staff and promotes zero tolerance for any reprehensible cases.
Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Ensures that the programme and project budgets and forecasts are prepared in accordance with WWF budgeting standards and requirements, and provide staff training as necessary;
Financial Management, Accounting, Reporting and Treasury Management
- Ensures that all Programme locations have appropriate financial structures with qualified staff;
- Ensures that all finance staff in WWF Cameroon have clearly-defined objectives, indicators of achievement, and quarterly/annual workplans;
- Ensures that the accounting system, records and files are kept up to date in compliance with WWF accounting policies and legal and statutory requirements;
- Regularly reviews the financial status of income and expenditure of all projects against agreed budget. Bring to the attention of the Country Director as well as relevant programme staff any potential problems with special attention to deficit situations and other financial issues;
- Maintains appropriate liquidity levels for the country office and ensure the cash and bank accounts are managed in an effective manner;
- Ensures all cash and bank accounts are correctly and timely reconciled on a monthly basis.
- In accordance with the Internal Controller, coordinates programme-wide and project specific external, internal and self-audits and organizes provision of required information and support;
- Supervises the IT unit and ensure that IT function plans, develops and maintains an up-to-date organization's IT infrastructure and systems;
- Ensure an adequate, efficient and secure IT support to all other functions throughout the country.
- Ensure that the supervised staff perform in accordance to their JDs;
- Give support/ advice to supervised staff ;
- Perform a periodic assessment for a better performance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you need:
- Master's degree in Accounting, Finance Management or equivalent;
- At least 7 years of similar professional experience, with 5 years at a managerial position ;
- Demonstrated skills in developing, managing and evaluating financial plans and policies;
- Experience working with government and international donors;
- Good knowledge of, and dexterity with, accounting software;
- Experience working with international organizations involved in environmental and/or community issues would be an advantage;
- Excellent communication oral and written skills in French and English.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Strong leadership and management skills;
- Excellent planning and organizational skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships at all levels, within WWF and, as required, with external stakeholders;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to conduct a multidisciplinary team and to work within a multicultural environment;
- Dynamic, integrity, responsive disposition;
- Ability to undertake frequent field trips;
- Adhere to WWF's values: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
Please consult the attached job description for more information on the position.
How to apply?
Email a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The subject should read CFO-CMR 2018. Deadline for applications: September 07, 2018. Thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Please note that only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted for follow up. If you have not been contacted six weeks after closing, consider your application unsuccessful.
Female and African nationals applicants are encouraged.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce