We are looking for a COMMUNICATION OFFICER who is expected to enhance and scale up program impact through Knowledge management& communication (KM&C). The main function is to develop, update and lead the implementation of the integrated Knowledge Management and Communication strategies and plans for the Coastal Forests Program (CFP).
Location: Limbe, Cameroon.
- Strengthen and promote knowledge management and communication techniques, methodologies and processes and embed in CFP projects;
- Identify, develop and strengthen strategic partnerships for effective KM&C in CFP projects;
- Strengthen the KM&C ‘institutional learning and capacity development' systems for CFP;
- Develop and implement relevant and necessary KM&C capacity building plans (to support CFP projects) with partners to ensure KM&C capacity is enhanced in the CFP;
- Facilitate knowledge and information flows among CFP Partners, CFP thematic leaders and protected area personnel;
- Lead KM&C aspects for CFP in the development of new organizational strategies;
- Support CFP thematic leaders and protected area personnel to source, access, synthesise, document and disseminate (manage) knowledge about emergent work (including ‘best practices and lessons) for internal (institutional/partnership strengthening) and external use (policy and practice influence of CFP);
- Seek media opportunities and ensure that the CFP is represented and visible at relevant events to communicate the program and its successes;
- Responsible for branding and marketing CFP projects with key strategic partners;
- Undertake necessary travel to execute above duties at key events and in the field visits, as required;
- Undertake any other task requested by the Program Executant and hierarchy.
What you need:
- Minimum qualification is a Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism or equivalent;
- Demonstrated organizational and technical programmatic experience for at least 5 years in Knowledge Management and Communications in an intergovernmental or international development oriented organization.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrated experience with in developing communication materials (on-line, media/press releases, publications and reports);
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, conveying messages to different audiences using diverse media, and fluency in English and French as the main working languages is essential;
- Experience in working with journalist and media networks in the CFP program area will be an asset;
- Ability to develop, nurture and maintain existing and new media contacts;
- Ability to analyse complex information from different sources and to synthesise this information into coherent and appropriate knowledge and communication products;
- Experience in editing and proof reading organizational communication material;
- Demonstrated experience in knowledge brokering providing a link between knowledge generators and users of information (including next users such as policy makers, trainers and practitioners) ;
- Demonstrated understanding of natural resources management, climate change and socioeconomic development, Education for Sustainable Development, Collaborative Management of Natural resources, Trans-boundary management of protected areas in the South West Region and the relevant global processes;
- Fully computer literate - skilled and confident in using office applications such as MS office (word, excel, power point, project); familiarity with relevant information technology, website content management experience and social networking tools such as Facebook, Twitter etc.;
- Proactive approach to meeting deadlines and delivering results with limited supervision;
- Adherence to WWF's values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaged.
How to apply?
Applications including a cover letter and a detailed resume should be send electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications: 16th September 2018.
The subject should read “CO”.
PLEASE Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce!