The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) is one of the largest independent conservation
organizations in the world. We are an international NGO committed to environmental protection active in almost 100 countries. WWF has been working in the Congo Basin in Central Africa since 1978. Our mission is to stop the environmental degradation in the world and build a future where humans live in harmony with nature.
In that context, we are looking for a dynamic and committed Junior accountant, for the Cameroon Country Programme Office, who will correct, process and reconcile a wide variety of accounting documents such as invoices, Programme billings, employee reimbursements, cash receipts, vendor statements, and journal vouchers. The incumbent will also prepare bank signatory updates, consultancy contracts and grants.
Type of contract: Fixed term
Duration: 02 years
- Process payments and documents such as invoices, journal vouchers, employee
reimbursements, and statements;
- Pre-audit, verify, and process employee expense claims reviewing rule for employee
- Establish and revise work methods, forms, formats, and standards to improve operating
- Assure that the work meets quality and production standards by reviewing the work for
accuracy and proper completion and monitoring output;
- Assist in the timely closing of monthly account by ensuring cash management ,Accounts payable
and General Ledger data is up to date;x Verify vendor claims for accuracy and conformance with WWF finance rules and regulations;
- perform claim verifications against documentation to ensure that purchases/services are
properly authorized and that goods have been received or services rendered; and ensure timely
recording and processing of vendor invoices in Oracle;
- Draft consultancies contracts and grants and do proper follow up to ensure contract terms are
- Provide assistance to all staff services such as travel, expense claims, document retrieval, etc;
- Perform other related duties as required.
What you need:
- Degree in accounting/finance or a related field. A professional accounting qualification such as
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Chartered Accountant (CA) would be an asset;
- At least One (01) year of professional experience in financial accounting, preferably in an
international NGO environment;
Required skills and competencies
- Ability to understand and apply current accounting guidelines, system updates and revisions,
and policy changes;
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office applications, particularly advanced level in MS Excel is
- Knowledge of automated accounting systems. Knowledge of Oracle would be an added
- Ability to analyse, prioritize and complete tasks with minimal supervision within strict deadlines;
- Ability to reconcile and/or balance financial transactions and account;
- Ability to manage contracts and update bank signatories
- Adherence to WWF's values which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
Please consult the attached job description for more information on the position.
How to apply?
Email a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The subject should read CAM-JAC. Deadline for applications: December 6th, 2015.
PLEASE Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.