We are looking for a LAW ENFORCEMENT ASSISTANT who will assist in delivering CCPO Law Enforcement support strategy pertaining to the collection of pertinent wildlife law enforcement data, liaison with lawyers, field programme managers and relevant law enforcement agencies.
Location: Yaounde, Cameroon.
- Collect relevant law enforcement data in various field sites and assist in updating the national law enforcement databases (legal database, intelligence database);
- Maintain regular communication (by e-mails, phone calls) with lawyers, monitor and assess their performance and provide assistance where necessary; this could also include field visits to areas where Law firms are established and meetings with judiciary authorities (Magistrates, court registrars etc.);
- Assist in the drafting and review of key administrative, technical and financial documents related to law enforcement support. This includes and not limited to: terms of reference, official correspondences, technical reports, payment requests etc.;
- Provide support for the drafting of the technical reports (TPRs, anti-poaching annual report etc.);
- Assist in the preparation and the process of various financial documents (payment request, budgets…);
- Assist the law enforcement team in its liaison with wildlife Administration;
- Provide assistance (administrative, logistics) as the need may arise in order to facilitate the organization of some field law enforcement support activities (training and capacity building of law enforcement agents, meetings with WWF law enforcement partners etc.) carried out by the CCPO Law enforcement support unit;
- Assist in drafting various communication output of CCPO pertinent law enforcement results;
- Assist the Head of Policy WCP in activities related to the roll out of the zero poaching approach in Cameroon.
What you need:
- Minimum Bsc level;
- At least two (02) years of experience in the field of law enforcement (anti-corruption, wildlife law enforcement, protected area management).
Required Skills and Competencies
- Strong communication skills - both written and verbal (English and French) as appropriate for the
needs of the audience;
- A team player but also very capable of working with minimal supervision;
- Ability to manage databases;
- Capacity to build institutional relationship and to work in remote areas;
- Culturally aware and able to work effectively in various cultural environments;
- Thorough understanding of both legal and intelligence management systems especially
concerning sensitive intelligence;
- Adhere to WWF's values: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
How to apply?
Applications including a cover letter and a detailed resume should be send electronically
Deadline for applications: 28th October 2018.
The subject should read “LEA”.
PLEASE Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.