The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) is one of the largest independent conservation organizations in the world, active in almost 100 countries. It has been working in the Congo Basin in Central Africa for more than 20 years. Our mission is to stop the environmental degradation in the world and build a future where humans live in harmony with nature.
For our country operation in Cameroon – one of the largest in the Central African Region - we are looking for a dynamic and committed Chief Financial Officer who will ensure that the WWF Cameroon Office has efficient and effective Financial & Accounting operations and systems as well as a sound management of financial resources in place which support the delivery of high performing conservation activities.
Location: Yaoundé, Cameroon
Duration of the assignment: indefinite subject to successful probation period
- Supervises and coordinates all financial and accounting operations in the country;
- Ensures the implementation and respect of WWF policies, procedures, and systems concerning all Finance and Accounting works as per the Field Operational Manual (FOM) developed by WWF International ;
- Ensures that the regional Strategic Plan's objectives and the Country Action Plan's objectives are fully achieved in view of establishing a solid financial basis as well as an effective internal control management;
- Ensures that Cameroon laws regarding Finance and operations are respected;
- Ensures that quality-financial reports are delivered to all required stakeholders on time.
- Minimum a bachelor's degree in in Accounting or Financial Management;
- 10 years' experience, which at least seven (7) years in a leadership role, with demonstrated success in an international environment (NGO or Company);
- Full accounting qualification i.e. CPA, ACCA or equivalent will be a plus;
- Demonstrated skills in developing, managing and evaluating financial and administrative plans and policies;
- A thorough knowledge of and dexterity with accounting's softwares and systems preferably Oracle.
What you need:
Experience working with government and donors;
Required Skills and Competencies
- Strong leadership abilities;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Excellent inter-personal skills, including the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships at all levels, within WWF Cameroon and, as required, with external stakeholders;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English and French;
- High ethics and a personal commitment to transparency and accountability;
- Adherence to WWF's values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
Please consult the attached job description for more information on the position.
How to apply?
Email a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The subject should read CFO-CMR.
for applications: 19 September, 2014. Thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Please note that only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted for follow up. If you have not been contacted six (6) weeks after closing, consider your application unsuccessful.