YooMee Africa, a Swiss company operating broadband wireless networks in sub Saharan Africa, is looking for IP Core Network Engineer for its operations in Cameroon
Tasks and Responsibilities
Engineering of core and radio access network, IP planning, network operations and maintenance
- end to end testing and implementation of routing and switching for mobile WiMAX and LTE
- system management of IP Core and Radio Access Network
- system acceptance and case handling with equipment vendor
- radio network integration and operations
- on-going system and network optimization
- high level trouble shooting, 3rd level support and escalation handling
- Higher level education in a technical field (computer science, IT or communications engineering) or extensive experience in telecom industry.
- Minimum of 5 years of related networking experience is required (ISP, telecom operator, NOC)
- Strong experience with Cisco Routing and Switching platforms, Cisco Firewall (ASA), CCNP certification is required
- Telecom engineering experience mainly IP routing and switching (VLAN, VPN, BGP, OSPF, firewall configuration, security etc.), core network planning, IP addressing
- Experience with mobile radio communications systems (3G, 4G WiMAX and LTE) and protocols
- Experience with PPPoE, L2TP, GRE, mobile IP, IPv6, IP-QoS, routing and signaling protocols
- Network Operations and Management Tools e.g. Cacti, Nagios, SNMP
- Team spirit and great ability to learn
- Fluent in English and French (written and spoken)
Place of employment is Douala.
Confidentiality is guaranteed. YooMee Africa is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.
Interested candidates should send their application letter and CV with photo (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org