YooMee Cameroon is looking for qualify person to feel the position Chief Accountant
At YooMee, leadership, flexibility and speed are critical to successful growth. Our actions and performance are based upon our values:
YooMee Cameroun is a provider of high speed internet access to the people and businesses in Cameroun. The company offers affordable and reliable mobile wireless internet access, with exceptional quality, as well as value added and multimedia services.
YooMee is part of the group YooMee Africa which is committed to help close the digital divide. The company started its operation in Cameroon (www.yoomee.cm), where it became the market leader, and is expanding to Ivory Coast and additional sub-Saharan countries.
The Chief Accountant is responsible for the efficient and effective functioning and maintenance of the day-to-day financial and accounting operations of the company as well as regular reportings (weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually) and years end closing.
- Handles full spectrum of accounting and cost accounting role eg. AR, AP, GL, forecasting, budgeting etc;
• Is responsible for day to day finance and accounts operations;
- Performs full set of accounts and ensure timely closing of accounts;
- Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and company procedures;
- Reviews accounts payables and weekly check runs;
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in accounting entries, documents, and reports;
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts, cost centers and documents business transactions;
- Closely maintains and monitors the fixed assets system;
- Assists the DAF on developing and implement various accounting procedures;
- Analyzes transactional processes and identify areas where additional accuracies and efficiencies can be achieved;
- Coordinates monthly closing process and reconciliation of general ledger accounts;
- Secures correct and complete booking to fulfill cost accounting methods as well as cost center performances;
- Is responsible for consolidation group reporting to the HQ in Switzerland (separate Group Chart of Accounts, accounting principles IFRS, consolidation of financial statements, cash- flows, KPI’s);
- Maintains system of accounts and keep records on all company transactions and assets;
- Assists the DAF in establishing and maintaining system for expenses sensitivity analysis and early warning of expenses overruns;
- Supports DAF in ensuring that intercompany transactions are in line with management agreements;
- Distributes monthly comparison reports and expenses reports according to schedules;
- Minimum 2 years experience in similar position or assimilate
- University degree strictly in Accounting & Finance
- Very good knowledge of OHADA laws
- Good aptitude on budget management and financial forecast
- Detail oriented and analyzing skills
- Industry knowledge in Telecom Internet an advantage
- French + English
Job Type: Full time
Your application must include:
• A complete CV in English, a photo.
Confidentiality is guaranteed. YooMee Cameroon is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).We strongly supports diversity in the workforce.