Maersk Group Procurement is looking for an experienced Project Procurement Specialist or Category Manager to focus on strategic and investment-related project procurement activities.
This position reports directly to the cluster finance Manager and has 1 direct report.
In this position, the incumbent will have an opportunity to acquire skills and knowledge in the following areas:
- Improve negotiations skills
- Experience in setting up frame agreements
- Modern procurement practices in container business
- Develop procurement procedures and ensure its implementation.
- Assess risks inherent to procurement process and ensure the implementation of appropriate controls.
- Together with the Legal Department, ensures the availability of standard terms and conditions for suppliers' contract.
- Coordinate the procurement of goods and services in line with company regulations and guidelines.
- Ensure an efficient and effective response to departments' needs by maintaining a proper overview of stock level.
- Manages budget of procurement as agreed with the finance Manager.
- Not accepting unjustified cost (Constantly search for methods of cost reduction)
- hold up-to-date statistics of consumptions and costs .
- To find some new suppliers and negotiate some new contracts.
- Followed and updated all administrative documents (licenses, agreements, contracts etc ...).
- Follow up and review of existent contracts/suppliers
- Liaise with group procurement in order to benefit from the global frame agreements we have.
- Coordinate with stores ensuring stock spare parts and consumables are sourced and delivered on time
- Record keeping of all purchases done (hard copies of purchase orders together with quotations used to raise purchase order)
- Record keeping and updating of overseas transactions for purchased spare parts in word or excel file (order number, part description, part costs, transport/importation costs)
- Coordinate with payables in Finance Department and stores suppliers are paid as per agreed terms, i.e., minimum 30 days credit
- Coordinate with stores ensuring the procurement software is up to date and all purchase orders raised are closed after 30 days
- Follow on staff insurance policies
- Follow on expat housing issue
- Follow up on car benefit matrix of the company
Who we are looking for
- A professional standard of knowledge in problem solving and negotiation skills
- Ability to negotiate, have an open-minded
- Minimum 2 years in a similar role
- Understanding of container business Operations.
- Understanding of the container shipping industry and an ability to relate with other industry managers.
- Strategic mindset, ability to drive strategic initiatives.
- Have strong leadership skills
- Be a team player.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills
- Considerable drive and interest in taking on new tasks
- Well Organized, timely and focused on quality
- Strong inter personal skills
- Good knowledge of MS Excel
Deadline: Tuesday, 25th February 2014
maerskline.comMaersk Line is the world's largest container shipping, serving customers all across the globe. Maersk Line has 25,000 employees across 325 offices in more than 125 countries. As a leading provider of container shipping services, Maersk Line's mission is to provide opportunities in global commerce. Maersk Line helps customers source goods from anywhere in the world, creating efficiencies in their supply chains, and making it possible for commodities to reach new markets more quickly. Maersk Line sets the standards in ensuring continuous and consistent reliable and quality service to its customers and is regarded amongst the most reliable carriers in the world.The Maersk Group comprises A.P. Moller - Maersk A/S and subsidiaries based in Copenhagen, Denmark. The Group employs about 121,000 people in around 130 countries across the world. Please indicate in your application that you have found this job at JOB2SEA (this will open in a new window)