Open To: Current students enrolled at a university, advanced school, or other accredited higher educational institution.
Position: Computer Management Assistant Intern (non-paid)
Closing Date: February 19, 2018
Duration of Internship: Three Months Renewable (Not To Exceed Six-Months)
Work Hours: Not to exceed 40 hours/week
The purpose of the Student Internship Program (FNSIP) at the United States Embassy is to offer students accepted into the program the unique opportunity of experiencing a foreign affairs work environment. A student participating in this program is not an employee of the U.S. Embassy, or the U.S. Department of State, or the United States Government. The program is uncompensated and will not be used to displace any employee or to staff a position which is a normal part of the agency's work force.
The U.S. Embassy in Yaounde has an opening for one (1) Computer Management Assistant Intern.
Basic Function of the Position
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Locally Employed Staff (LES) Systems Manager, the Computer Management Assistant Intern provides user support/Help Desk services in response to requests received primarily through a work order application available through post's Intranet website. Performs all tasks related to maintaining post's Enterprise Mobile Devices (iPhone and Blackberry). Provides basic introductory and follow-up training to all users in the Mission. Has primary responsibility of acting as the customer service liaison for the section, as well as handling its administrative duties.
- Level III (Good Working Knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing English, and Level II (Limited Knowledge) Speaking/Reading French is required. (This will be tested.)
Skills and Abilities
- As a responder to computer service/Help Desk requests, applicant should have the ability to provide good customer service in a timely fashion. Applicant needs the ability to provide entry-level hardware and software training to non-technical employees and to develop training courses and materials, as needed. Applicant must be detail-oriented and enjoy working with people in a supporting role. Must be able to work independently and demonstrate initiative. (Skills and abilities will be tested.)
- Knowledge of computer hardware, software, networking, and administration. Applicant must become proficient in the use of Enterprise Mobile device (iPhone and BlackBerry) administration and must be able to learn Department of State rules and procedures regarding networks and software.
Additional Selection Criteria
- The candidate must be able to obtain a successful security and medical certification.
How to Apply
Interested candidates must submit the following:
- Statement of interest, which is available on our website at https://cm.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs. CVs/Resumes are not accepted.
- Photocopies of official transcripts or diploma/degree illustrating good academic standing.
- Written permission from the educational institution. Recommendation letters from lecturers are not
Where to Apply:
Human Resources Office
P.O. Box 817, Tel.: 222-201-500, Ext 4006, U.S. Embassy Yaounde, Cameroon
- E-mail Address: email@example.com
- Indicate the position title on the subject line.