The U.S. Embassy in Yaounde has an immediate opening for a non-salaried intern.
Open to: Current University or Advanced School Students
Position: Procurement Assistant Intern (non-remunerated)
The closing date for this position is April 11, 2015, at 16:00.
Duration of Internship: Three months renewable (not to exceed 6 months)
Work Hours: 20 hours/week
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION:
Under the direct supervision of the Procurement Agent, incumbent assists Procurement and Contracting Team.
- Conducts market research through the use of; telephone, e-mail, internet web sites and visits to local vendors and obtains quotes; analyzes quotes and/or quotations and issues purchase orders, Blanket Purchase Agreements, cash purchases and other procurement instruments for over sixteen units/sections for off-shore and local procurement, ensures that these are duly obligated, approved by the Contracting Officer and dispatched to vendors.
- Reviews invoices submitted for payment and processes same for payment and reconciles vendors' bills against items actually received.
- Plans logistics for all Procurement meetings and monitors repair and maintenance of all photocopiers and other office machines at post.
- The intern's field of studies must be related to the position.
- Level III (Good Working Knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing English and Level II (Basic Knowledge) Speaking/Reading French are required and will be tested.
- A good knowledge of local market practices, supplies and vendors. Incumbent must have a good working knowledge of the capability and reliability of local suppliers. Must understand local pricing customs and practices. Must be computer literate in MS Word and MS Excel and must be able quickly learn how to operate procurement software.
Interested candidates should submit the following:
- A typed Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Photocopies of University transcripts or diploma/degree.
- A recommendation letter from the University/School. Recommendation letters from lecturers are not accepted.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
Human Resources Office
P.O. Box 817, U.S. Embassy Yaounde, Cameroon
Or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please, indicate the title of the position on the “Subject:” line)
POINT OF CONTACT: Telephone: 2220-1500, Ext 4006; Fax: 2220-1500, Ext 4532