Job Advert: Finance Intern (Non-Paid)
Open to: Current University or Advanced School Students
Position: Finance Intern (Non-Paid)
The United States Embassy in Yaounde has an immediate opening for a non-paid intern.
Closing Date: November 18, 2016
Duration of Internship: Two weeks to three months (may be extended but not to exceed six months)
Work Hours: Not to exceed 40 hours/week Salary: Non-Paid
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
Under the direct supervision of the Financial Specialist, the Finance Intern (FI) works in the Financial Management Section. The FI works closely with two Voucher Examiners as well as the Financial Specialist and undertakes administrative tasks for the Section including maintaining a receipt log of incoming invoices, scanning of invoices to an online system, and tracking and reconciling accounts receivable.
Education: Must be currently enrolled in a university undergraduate, or graduate program in economics, business administration, accounting, management, or related field.
Language Proficiency: Level IV (fluent) speaking/reading/writing of English and Level II (Limited Knowledge) speaking/reading/writing of French are required and will be tested.
Knowledge: Working knowledge of general office operations. ï· Must be computer literate. Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Internet Explorer.
Skills and Abilities
- Must have the ability to create and maintain basic spreadsheets, and perform calculations.
- Must be able to communicate in English – verbal and written. ï· Must have the ability to work independently with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Must have strong organizational, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
Interested candidates must submit the following:
- A typed resume or curriculum vitae.
- Photocopies of university transcripts or diploma/degree.
- A reference letter from the university/school administration (reference letters from lecturers will not be accepted).
NOTE: Selected candidate will be required to provide a medical insurance covering the duration of the internship.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
Human Resources Office P.O. Box 817, U.S. Embassy Yaounde, Cameroon
- Or via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Indicate “Finance Intern (Non-Paid)” on the subject line.
POINT OF CONTACT
Telephone: 222-201-500, Ext 4006; Fax: 2220-1500, Ext 4532