Internship position: Agric Projects Intern
Application deadline: Tuesday 21st April 2015
Internship start date: April 27th 2015
All costs incurred in the process of work related to the position shall be covered by AFCIG.
1. About AFCIG
Action Foundation CIG (AFCIG) is a youth-led Civil Society Organization that exists to enable Cameroonian youths attain economic and socio –cultural independence by; promoting good health practices amongst youths, promoting the active participation of youths in sustainable public policy formulation and implementation and by supporting youths technically and financially to attend school and gain self-employment.
2. About the Internship Position
AFCIG is currently a position for an “Agric Project Intern”. The intern shall be responsible for the implementation of AFCIG's AgricInspiration Project. The internship Starts by April 27th 2015 and shall run for a duration of 3 months.
2.1 About AgricInspiration
AgricInspiration is AFCIG's agriculture initiative that aims to support rural women to improve on their agricultural productivity and incomes. It is financed by 1% Club's Cheetah FUND. The objectives of the project include:
- Building the capacities of rural women on modern agricultural techniques;
- Supporting rural women technically materially to carry out agriculture as a business;
- Support them to have access to MARKET information and increase their incomes.
3. Description of the scope of work of the internIn line with the objectives described in paragraph 3, above, the intern shall:
- Lead the selection of beneficiaries;
- Identify needs of beneficiaries;
- Organize capacity building events for beneficiaries;
- Mobilize material support for beneficiaries;
- Visit the beneficiaries' farms and provide them with technical support;
- Collect MARKET information;
- Disseminate MARKET information to farmers;
The Project Intern shall be inducted and coached on the day-to- day implementation of AFCIG's ongoing Agric project. He/she shall work closely with the current staff.
4. Profile of the intern
The Internship Position profile includes the following:
- Age between 23 and 32 years;
- Diploma, HND or bachelors in agronomy or agriculture related subjects;
- No JOB experience is required;
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines;
- Ability to take initiatives;
- High drive for results in view of effective and efficient delivery of projects outcomes;
- Excellent communication and writing skills;
- Familiarity with Microsoft Applications (word, Excel).
5. Application file and procedure
Interested Candidates should submit their application via email at email@example.com or DEPOSIT their application files at the AFCIG Head Office, at the 1st Floor of the Desco Technology Building, latest Tuesday 21st April 2015.The application file should be placed in a sealed envelope addressed to the Executive Director, AFCIG Bamenda. It should include the following.
- A motivation Letter;
- A resume;
- A photocopy of the highest qualification;
- A photocopy of the National Identity Card;
For more information visit the AFCIG office or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .