Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory (Fermilab) of US Department of Energy offers internships for foreign students from U.S. and non-U.S. universities and colleges. Fermilab’s IPM program offers ten-week summer internships to outstanding undergraduate physics majors. Program dates are June 2 – August 8, 2014. Participants must provide evidence of identity and eligibility to work in the U.S. and must have medical insurance while at Fermilab. Application deadline is February 9, 2014.
Field of Internship: Internships are offered in the field of Physics (This program has been developed to familiarize students with opportunities at the frontiers of scientific research in particle physics).
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
Internship can be taken at: USA
- Students must be undergraduate physics majors.
- Students must be foreign students attending U.S. or non-U.S. universities.
- Participants must provide evidence of identity and eligibility to work in the U.S.
- Participants must have medical insurance while at Fermilab.
Internship Open for International Students: Yes (Students must be foreign students attending U.S. or non-U.S. universities and must provide evidence of identity and eligibility to work in the U.S.)
Is this paid internship? Yes
What does it cover? Support includes:
- Wage of $12.50 per hour for a standard 40-hour work week, subject to U.S. taxes
- Shared housing
- Shared use of a rental car
- Transportation to and from the airport for out-of-state interns
Internship Description: Graduating seniors are eligible for almost all programs. Once you have been offered an internship, you must send official transcripts. Be sure to have transcripts sent from all colleges attended. You must have medical insurance in order to participate in any of the internship programs at Fermilab.
Number of awards offered: Not known
Internship Duration: Full ten-week program.
Notification: Not known
How to Apply: Applications must be submitted online.
Internship Application Deadline: Application deadline February 9, 2014.