JOB ADVERT: Public Affairs Assistant Intern (non-remunerated)
The U.S. Embassy in Yaounde has an immediate opening for a non-salaried intern.
Open to: Current University or Advanced School Students
Closing Date: June 7, 2016 at 16:00
Duration of Internship: Three months renewable (not to exceed 6 months)
Work Hours: Not to exceed 40 hours/week
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
Incumbent performs cultural and media support programming and conducts public diplomacy outreach with the following audiences: interfaith youth, women and girls, academic sector officials, elementary, secondary, high school, and university students, USG exchange program alumni, and members of the media, when necessary. Incumbent devises and implements, with the help of other Public Affairs staff, programs with Young African Leaders Initiative alumni. Incumbent works closely with Information Resource Center staff to learn from and support educational outreach programs, including Book Reading Clubs, Youth Literacy events, and Film screening programs.
- The intern's field of studies must be related to the position.
- Level III (Good working Knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing English and French are required and will be tested.
- Knowledge of and interest in public affairs programs and educational outreach.
- Demonstrated customer service, time management, planning and implementation, and computer/internet skills.
Interested candidates must submit the following:
- A typed Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Photocopies of University transcripts or diploma/degree
- A recommendation letter from the University/School. Recommendation letters from lecturers are not/not accepted.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
Human Resources Office
P.O. Box 817, U.S. Embassy Yaounde, Cameroon
Or via email at: email@example.com (Please, indicate the title of the position on the “Subject:” line)
POINT OF CONTACT: Telephone: 2220-1500, Ext 4006; Fax: 2220-1500, Ext 4532
The closing date for submission of applications is June 7, 2016 at 16:00
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of the U.S. Embassy Yaounde to provide equal opportunity, fair and equitable treatment in employment to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, political affiliation, marital status and sexual orientation.