Internship Advert: Commercial Intern (non-remunerated)
Open to: Current University or Advanced School Students
Position: Commercial Intern (non-remunerated)
The U.S. Embassy in Yaounde has an immediate opening for a non-salaried intern.
Closing Date: October 10, 2016 at 16:00
Duration of Internship: Three months renewable (not to exceed 6 months)
Work Hours: Not to exceed 40 hours/week
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
Under the direct supervision of the Commercial Specialist, the Commercial Intern (CI) works in the Commercial/Economic sub-section promoting U.S. business interests and bilateral trade between Cameroon and the U.S. The CI works closely with the Commercial Specialist as well as the Economic Specialist and undertakes projects and tasks for the sub-Section.
Current university undergraduate or graduate student in economics, marketing, law, business administration, accountancy, management or related field is required.
1. Language Proficiency
- Level IV (fluent) speaking/reading/writing of English and Level II (Limited Knowledge) speaking/reading/writing of French are required and will be tested.
- The candidate should have a good understanding of the Cameroonian economy and that of the sub region, including trade patterns, commercial practices, financing practices, organizations, major industries, etc.
- He/She should have a good understanding of the "language" of business and economics, so as to successfully interact with the U.S. and Cameroonian business communities.
- He/She must be computer literate (intermediate) in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and internet.
3. Skills and Abilities
- The candidate must be able to develop and maintain working level contacts in Cameroon's public and private sectors.
- He/She must be able to obtain, evaluate, and analyze commercial data to prepare reports.
- He/She must have excellent formal presentation, public speaking, and communication skills.
- A persuasion skill is required under the scope of advocacy, tact and diplomacy in establishing relations between Cameroon and American business people.
Interested candidates must submit the following:
- A typed Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Photocopies of University transcripts or diploma/degree
- A recommendation letter from the University/School. Recommendation letters from lecturers are not/not accepted.
NOTE: Selected candidate will be required to provide a medical insurance covering the duration of the internship.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
Human Resources Office
P.O. Box 817, U.S. Embassy Yaounde, Cameroon
Or via email at: email@example.com
(Please, indicate the title of the position on the “Subject:” line)
POINT OF CONTACT: Telephone: 222-201-500, Ext 4006; Fax: 2220-1500, Ext 4532