Administrative Intern (Exclusively for Cameroonians)
Location: YAOUNDE, CAMEROON
Application Deadline: 26-Jun-2016
Additional Category: Management
Type of Contract: Internship
Post Level: Intern
Languages Required : English French
Duration of Initial Contract : 3 Months
Under the guidance and supervision of the Administrative Associate, the Administrative Intern provides support to administrative services ensuring high quality of work, ensures accurate, timely and properly recorded/documented service delivery. The Administrative Intern promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach.
The Administrative Intern works in close collaboration with the Operations, Programme and projects staff in the CO and other UN agencies staff to ensure consistent service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Provision of administrative and logistical support;
- Follow up with correspondences;
- Classification of processed files;
- Provision of support to office maintenance
- Provision of support in the tagging of CO assets;
- Digitalization of documents;
- Preparation of outgoing correspondences;
- Follow up the handling of logs by drivers
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Ability to perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties related to general administration support Ability to review data, identify and adjust discrepancies
- Ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of clerical, administrative, secretarial best practices and procedures, in-depth knowledge of office software applications relating to word processing data management presentation, ATLAS, as required
- Ability to operate and maintain a variety of computerized business machines and office equipment in order to provide efficient delivery of service
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities
- Collects and compiles data with speed and accuracy identifying what is relevant and discarding what is not, records it in an accessible manner and maintains data bases
- Thoroughly and methodically collects, verifies and records data demonstrating attention to detail and identifying and correcting errors on own initiative
- Transmits file data; creates and generate queries, reports and documents utilizing databases, spreadsheets, communications and other software packages with speed and accuracy
- Interprets data, draws conclusions and/or identifies patterns which support the work of others
Managing documents, correspondence and reports
- Creates, edits and presents information (queries, reports, documents)in visually pleasing, clear and presentable formatssuch as tables, forms, presentations, briefing notes/books and reports using advanced word processing and presentation functions and basic database and spreadsheet software
- Edits, formats and provides inputs to correspondence, reports, documents and/or presentations using work processing, spreadsheets and databases meeting quality standards and requiring minimal correction
- Shows sound grasp of grammar, spelling and structure in the required language
- Ensures correspondence, reports and documents comply with established UN standards
- Ability to produce accurate and well documented records conforming to the required standard
Planning, organizing and multi-tasking
- Organises and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships
- plans, coordinates and organises workload while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines
- Demonstrates ability to quickly shift from one task to another to meet multiple support needs
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of support
Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education (Baccalaureat or GCE Advanced Level).
- 2 years of relevant administrative experience. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.). Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in English and / or French and working knowledge of the other language.
All interested candidates are invited to apply online through the following link: https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=66995