We are looking for a FINANCE INTERN who will assist in providing timely, accurate, clear and complete information and support to Conservation goals to be achieved by the Jengi TNS Programme, in a spirit of excellence, integrity and dedication.
Mambele (East Cameroon).
- Provide financial and operational support to the programme by performing general accounting functions primarily, encoding of Oracle Light transactions, analyzing the staff and partner advances, payments to staff and third parties;
- Participate in the preparation of financial reports, filling of vouchers and financial reports and provision of assistance on other accounting and Administrative related functions;
- Process payments and journal vouchers based on approved payment request, statement of account, invoices, Purchase Orders, etc. through the accounting software (Oracle Light) on time and in accordance with the Field Operations Manual and respective donor requirements;
- Prepare bank reconciliations and conduct analysis of general ledger balance sheet accounts like staff advances, advances to partners, staff loans and inter-office transactions and ensures that correct entries are posted to zero out these accounts;
- Refresh the GL of projects and Noetix reports for various reports and monthly analysis;
- Verify and process employee expense claims reviewing rule for employee compliance;
- Establish a good system for archiving accounting documents and all other administrative documents;
- Safe-keeps all cash, unused checks and check stubs in the vault at the end of each day;
- Follow the implementation of the audit recommendations;
- Draft routine correspondence related to the program's work and type a variety of material such as correspondence, reports and papers;
- Assist in the preparation of budget, accounting, financial reports, statistical reports and other reports as required;
- Perform other related duties as required.
What you need:
- Degree in Accounting/Finance or a related field and/or a professional accounting qualification such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant (CA) is required;
- At least six (06) months of professional experience in financial accounting, preferably in an international organization (NGO or Company).
Required Skills and Competencies
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office applications, particularly advanced level in MS excel is required;
- Experience in using ERP system is highly desirable;
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping terminology and practices;
- Knowledge of automated accounting systems;
- Knowledge of local finance system;
- Knowledge of spreadsheets and database software;
- Knowledge of general record keeping and filing systems;
- Ability to understand and apply current accounting guidelines, system updates and revisions, and policy changes;
- Ability to reconcile and/or balance financial transactions and accounts;
- Ability to assist others in solving work problems;
- High ethics and a personal commitment to transparency and accountability;
- Adhere to WWF's values: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
How to apply?
Applications including a cover letter and a detailed curriculum vitae should be send electronically
Deadline for applications: 26th April 2018.
The subject should read “FI”.
PLEASE Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce!