Petite annonce / classified ad
Enregistrez-vous sur 1XBET.cm et recevez un bonus de 100% jusqu'à 65 000 FCFA après votre premier dépôt. Code promo : 1x_59759
Register on 1XBET.cm and receive a 100% bonus up to CFAF 65,000 after your first deposit. Promo Code: 1x_59759
WWF has an opening through its Youth Volunteer Internship Programme for a volunteer/intern for a 6-month assignment with WWF Cameroon in the Policy and Advocacy Department.
WWF has an opening through its Youth Volunteer Internship Programme for a volunteer/ intern for a 6-month assignment with WWF Cameroon in the Policy and Advocacy Department.
Location: WWF Cameroon (based in Yaoundé)
Assignment dates: 1 September 2019 to 28 February 2020
Age Category: 19-27 years
I. Mission of the Department: The Africa Policy and Partnership Department provides high level analysis, recommendations, strategic information, representation and support for policy and advocacy for a range of intergovernmental processes to help WWF Network deliver priority conservation outcomes. To that effect, it ensures effective and efficient engagement of WWF in key policy frameworks, conventions and institutional partnerships in the Africa region.
II. Major Functions: The Africa Policy and Partnership Intern contributes to the implementation of WWF's Africa Policy and Partnership FY20 objectives, and more specifically supports Africa's engagement with the WWF's 2020 + strategy framework, and WWF Africa's FY 20 workplan.
III. Major Duties and Responsibilities:
The Africa Policy and Partnership Intern's duties and responsibilities will be:
- Supports the development and implementation of WWF's Africa policy and partnership FY 20 objectives and work-plan;
- Supports the preparation of African offices towards the UNFCCC COP 25 including the development of the advocacy engagement plan, a policy brief, and organisation of side events;
- Supports WWF Africa's engagement at the seventeenth regular session of the African Ministerial Conference on the Environment (AMCEN);
- Supports the engagement with WWF Africa's institutional partners including the AfDB, NEPAD Agency, the African Union Commission, the Regional Economic Communities (East African Community, Southern Africa Development Community, Economic Community of Central African States);
- Provides support for WWF Africa's communication work in relation to its engagement with those institutional partners, development of Press Releases, feeding websites and triggering interest through social media, and provide the WWF network with regular updates;
- Supports the management of the Africa Regional Policy Coordination Group and its involvement in the Global Policy and Advocacy Community;
- Develops compelling stories (press releases, feature stories) that maximize readership, targeting the most strategic media and for the attention of WWF's partners;
- Consolidates and updates the ROA FY 20 policy and partnership calendar of events;
- Performs other duties as requested by the Africa Policy and Partnership Director.
- University undergraduate or graduate in International Relations/Development, Environmental Sciences, Environmental Law, public relations or other related fields.
- Experience of internship/volunteer-ship with conservation or development organisations.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English. Working knowledge of French will be an asset;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment;
- Ability to take initiative and work independently;
- Adheres to WWF's values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined, and Engaging.
Internal: Interacts and works closely with the WWF ROA Director for Policy and Partnership, ROA institutional partnership lead, ROA Communication team, Global Policy and Advocacy Team members, Global Public Sector Partnership Team members, WWF Africa Country Office staff involved in preparation of global policy events and institutional partnerships, and relevant Practices staff.
External: As appropriate, and under the Director of Policy and Partnership, interacts with partner organizations.
How to apply?
Please follow the link http://wwf.panda.org/get_involved/volunteer/current_volunteer_internship_openings/?349374/Africa-Policy-and-Partnership-Intern-Cameroon and complete the online Application Form. If you already submitted a spontaneous online application in the past, please inform of your interest in this assignment by email.
Deadline to apply: 31 July 2019
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.