Applications for 2015/2016 Chevening Scholarships in Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Equatorial Guinea and Gabon are now open, and will close on 15 November at 23:59 GMT.
Chevening Scholarships are awarded to talented professionals who are potential future leaders, decision-makers and opinion formers. The scholarships offer financial support to study for a Master's degree at one of the UK's leading universities, and the opportunity to become part of an influential and highly regarded global network.
The following Awards are available in Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Equatorial Guinea and Gabon:
- Chevening Cameroon Scholarships
- Chevening Central African Republic Scholarships
- Chevening Chad Scholarships
- Chevening Equatorial Guinea Scholarships
- Chevening Gabon Scholarships
- Chevening Central Partnership Awards
What can I study?
For Chevening Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Equatorial Guinea and Gabon Scholarships, we accept applications from a wide range of subject areas, and particularly welcome applications in the following fields:
- Human rights/democracy/governance/rule of law
- Communication including media law/political communication
- Security including international security/security management/terrorism/regional development/conflict resolution/peace studies
What does a Chevening Scholarship in Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Equatorial Guinea and Gabon include?
- A monthly stipend
- Travel to and from your country via an approved route
- An arrival and excess baggage allowance
- A thesis or dissertation grant
- The cost of an entry clearance visa
- Tuition fees
There is also a global Chevening fee cap for £13,000 for MBA and Masters in Finance. If the tuition fees of your chosen university course exceed this amount, you will be required to fund the remainder of your tuition fees.
How do I apply?
- Please read this important information before you apply.
- Follow the instructions on the Apply page to submit your application.
Please note: There are no English language test centres available in Central African Republic, Chad, Equatorial Guinea or Gabon so you will be required to travel to another country to take a language test.
Chevening in Central African Republic, Chad, Equatorial Guinea and Gabon is run from the British Embassy in Yaoundé, should you be shortlisted for interview you will be required to travel to Cameroon to attend your interview.