Brief description: The Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore (UCSC) offers masters scholarships for African students to study for selected programs for 2016/2017 academic year
Subject Areas: This program consists of five 2-year MSc programs (Laurea Magistrale), all taught in English. These programs are preparing for an academic and/or professional career. Graduates of MSc programs are also eligible to enter PhD programs at Italian universities.
- MSc in Banking and Finance (Milan Campus) – Commencement in September 2016
- MSc in Economics (Milan Campus) – Commencement in September 2016
- MSc in Management (Milan Campus) – Commencement in September 2016
- MSc in International Management, Legislation and Society (Piacenza Campus) – Commencement in September 2016
- MSc in Agriculture and Food Economics (Cremona Campus) – Commencement in September 2016
Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, as part of its mission to foster relationships with developing countries, has developed a special program for students from the African continent. This program will enable students to study for undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs taught in English at UCSC's Milan, Piacenza and Cremona campuses.
Through the Cattolica Africa Program all accepted applicants will be offered tuition fee reductions (see the chart below). However, students will still be responsible for their own living expenses, hence the Cattolica Africa Program is NOT a program through which full scholarships can be obtained.
Scholarship Offered Since: Not specified
Scholarship Type: Masters degree
Eligibility: Students, either citizens or residents, of all African countries may apply for the Cattolica Africa Program, which is applicable only for the degree programs taught in English.
Admission requirements for all Master Degree programs include:
- Completion of at least a Bachelor Degree from a recognized university (2nd class upper division / 2.1 degree or higher)
- English Language Test score: IELTS 6.0 (Academic) or TOEFL IBT 80 if English is not your first language.or successful completion of a degree program taught in the English language.
Number of Scholarships: Up to 47
Duration: Cattolica Africa Scholars Program will be offered for 2 years
Eligible Countries: Africa countries
To be taken at (country): Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Italy
|ROUND||ONLINE APPLICATION PERIOD||RESULTS AVAILABLE*|
|1st Round||November 5, 2015 - February 1, 2016||Not later than March 14, 2016|
|2nd Round||February 2 - March 15, 2016||Not later than April 26, 2016|
|3rd Round||March 16 - April 15, 2016||Not later than May 27, 2016|
|4th Round||April 16 - May 15, 2016||Not later than June 27, 2016|
Offered annually? Yes
How to Apply
- Select the degree program of your choice.
- Download the handbook of the online application and read it carefully.
- Log in the online application and fill it in.
Remember to select “degree-seeking” when asked for your “program type”. Upload the following documents:
- Copy of bio-data page of your passport or ID (in Latin alphabet);
- If you are a Non-EU citizen already living in Italy: copy of your “permesso di soggiorno” ;
- Transcript of academic records, including grading and credit system explanation;
- Bachelor-level Diploma, if you already graduated from university;
- Secondary School Diploma;
- English Language Certificate
- GMAT or GRE score (optional)
NOTE: Candidates have to upload the originals of the transcript of academic records, bachelor-level Diploma (if available), and Secondary School Diploma, plus their official translation into Italian or English. If the documents are issued in English, French or Spanish, the translation is not required.
- Submit your application.
Visit scholarship webpage for details
Sponsors: Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Italy
Important Notes: Due to the restrictive and lengthy nature of the student pre-registration process required by the Italian Consulates/Embassies, we strongly advise non-EU students residing abroad to apply by April 15.