Applications are invited for Confucius China Studies Program Joint Research PhD Fellowship. It is available to doctoral students for study, research and writing of their doctoral dissertations.
The aim of the scholarship is to support doctoral students (candidates) registered with foreign universities to come to China for study, research and writing of their doctoral dissertations.
The mission of foundation is to improve the lives of future generations by building philanthropic assets, connecting resources with needs. To help young people around the world understand China and Chinese culture, and prosperity of Chinese Studies, Confucius Institute to promote sustainable development and enhance the friendly relations between the peoples of China and other countries, the establishment of the Confucius Institute Headquarters “Confucius Sinology new plan.”
HSK test score level 3 is required, and for US applicants HSK test score of at least level 5 is required. Priority is given to applicants with higher level of proficiency in Chinese under same conditions.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing doctoral research program.
Study Subject: Fellowship is available to prospective students for study, research and writing of their doctoral dissertations.
List of Subjects : Arts, Education, Humanities and Social Sciences with a focus on China.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship will comprise of:
- Lodging and living stipend: 80,000 RMB per year
- Research fund: 20,000 RMB per year
- Round-trip international airfare
- Other support provided by the host Chinese university
- Expenses for the foreign supervisor's visit or research in China
- Expenses for life and medical insurances in China
- Group activities and cultural experience
Scholarship can be taken at: China
Eligibility: In order to apply for scholarship, you must be a:
- Non-Chinese citizen;
- HSK test score level 3 is required, and priority is given to applicants with higher level of proficiency in Chinese under same conditions;
- Applicants who are currently participating in Chinese Government Scholarship are not eligible to apply for this Program.
Nationality: International students can apply for this scholarship.
College Admission Requirement:
- Foreign citizen with valid passport, and in good health
- Aged from 18-40, a few universities accept applicants aged over 40
- A master degree diploma is required when applying for master degree courses; and the profession applied for should be in equal or similar fields.
English Language Requirment
- HSK test score level 3 is required, and priority is given to applicants with higher level of proficiency in Chinese under same conditions.
- A good English proficiency is required for application of English-instructed courses, for details please refer to requirements published by the university.
Supporting Material: In addition to the application for the scholarship, the applicant must submit the following documents:
- Ph.D. Study Certificate;
- Two letters of recommendation from scholars in related field;
- HSK transcript;
- Abstract of master's thesis or other academic publications;
- Abstract of doctoral dissertation;
- A research plan for the study in China;
- Priority is given to applicants who obtain a letter of recommendation from local Confucius Institutes.
How to Apply: The applicant shall submit the online application, and then post the application form and other supporting documents to the Confucius Institute Headquarters.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is February 15, 2016.