Applications are invited for the Omidyar Postdoctoral Fellowship at the Santa Fe Institute. The Omidyar Fellowship is unique amongst Postdoctoral appointments. It offers select scholars the opportunity to join a collaborative research community where they grapple with some of the most compelling questions of our time.
Study Subject(s): SFI's research theme is complexity.
Course Level: Fellowships are available for pursuing Postdoctoral program.
- a Ph.D. in any discipline (or expected Ph.D. by September 2016)
- strong computational and quantitative skills
- an exemplary academic record
- a proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- a demonstrated interest in multidisciplinary research
- evidence of the ability to think outside traditional paradigms
Applications are welcome from:
- candidates from any country
- candidates from any discipline
- women and members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply
Scholarship Open for International Students: Applicants from any country can apply for these fellowships.
Scholarship Description: Omidyar Fellows are free to choose their research topic.Descriptions of the research themes and interests of the faculty and current Fellows can be found at SFI Research. The Institute has no formal programs or departments. Research is collaborative and spans the physical, natural, and social sciences. Most research is theoretical and/or computational in nature, although some research includes an empirical component. SFI averages 10 resident faculty, 100 external faculty, and 250 visitors per year.
Number of award(s): Not Known
Duration of award(s): Fellowship is awarded for a period of three years.
What does it cover? The Omidyar Fellowship at the Santa Fe Institute offers you:
- transdisciplinary collaboration with leading researchers worldwide
- up to three years in residence in Santa Fe, New Mexico
- discretionary research and collaboration funds
- competitive salary and generous benefits
- a structured leadership training program
- unparalleled intellectual freedom
Selection Criteria: Not Known
Notification: Candidates will receive the invitation for an interview in mid December 2015.
How to Apply: Only online applications will be accepted.
Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadline is November 1st, 2015.