United Nations University-International Institute for Global Health offers postdoctoral fellowships for an initial period of 12 months (with the possibility of renewal for an additional 12 months). These fellowships serve to complement the PhD Fellowship Programme. Applications from qualified candidates from all countries are welcome; women and applicants from developing countries are particularly encouraged to apply. The deadline for applications is 31st October 2014.
Study Subject(s): Fellowship is awarded in an area closely related to the three thematic research areas of UNU-IIGH: Planetary Change and Health, Governance for Global Health and Universal Health Coverage.
Course Level: Fellowship is available to conduct research at the postdoctoral level at UNU-IIGH in Malaysia.
Scholarship Provider: United Nations University -International Institute for Global Health (UNU-IIGH), Malaysia
Scholarship can be taken at: Malaysia
Eligibility: Applicants must have obtained a PhD (no ABD) within five years preceding the date of commencement of the fellowship, or at least have successfully defended their PhD thesis, in an area closely related to the three thematic research areas of UNU-IIGH: (i) Governance for Global Health, (ii) Planetary Change and Health, and (iii) Universal Health Coverage.
- Fellows must be able to make use of the UNU-IIGH facilities in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. They are required to work on a project (or projects) assigned by the supervisor, to draft manuscripts for publication, and to participate in the academic activities of the Institute. Fellows shall participate in regular in-house discussions and seminars as well as contribute to the research and writing of the UNU-IIGH Working Paper Series.
- Research topics and proposals for the fellowship should relate to any one of the above-three UNU-IIGH thematic research areas.
Scholarship Open for International Students: Applications from qualified candidates from all countries are welcome. Women and applicants from developing countries are particularly encouraged to apply.
Scholarship Description: UNU-IIGH is offering Postdoctoral Fellowships in support of its postgraduate programmes. These fellowships serve to complement the PhD Fellowship Programme. Although they welcome applications from qualified candidates from all countries, women and applicants from developing countries are particularly encouraged to apply.
Number of award(s): Not Known
Duration of award(s): The UNU-IIGH Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme is for an initial period of 12 months, with possibility of renewal for another 12 months based on the fellow's satisfactory performance. The fellowship is remunerated by an annual stipend divided into 12 months.
What does it cover? The fellowship is remunerated by an annual stipend divided into 12 months.
Selection Criteria: Not Known
Notification: Not Known
How to Apply: Interested applicants should download and complete the UNU Personal History form (P-11). There is no Vacancy number; instead, just state Postdoctoral Fellowship 2015 as the “Title of Post” in the section “What post are you applying for?” Please submit the application documents listed below electronically to iigh-info-at-unu.edu:
- the completed and signed UNU P-11 form
- a cover letter outlining your motivation, and how a 12-month Postdoctoral Fellowship with UNU-IIGH will benefit both your own academic career and the UNU-IIGH academic activities
- an abstract of your proposed research during your tenure as a Postdoctoral Fellow at UNU-IIGH
- a sample of your recent publications (in English)
- two references to support your application, with one of the references written by your PhD thesis supervisor
- a scanned copy of your passport details page.
Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadline is 31st October 2014.