The Afro-Asian Institute Graz invites applications for scholarship programme which is co-financed with means from the Government of Styria, the City of Graz, church and private funds. This scholarship is available to the students of developing countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
The Scholarship-Programme is directed at students from developing countries at Universities in Styria and is meant to contribute to the peaceful coexistence of people from different countries of origin by enhancing equal opportunities, dialogue, intercultural know-how and partnership.
The Scholarship-Programme contributes to the socially required production of knowledge and awareness, it promotes a global perspective and the creation of the globally educated citizen. It attaches a high significance to regional, international and trans-cultural networks.
Students must have demonstrated a high degree of assertiveness, creativity and mobility. Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing master and doctoral degree level.
Study Subject (s): Scholarship is awarded in any discipline.
Scholarship Award: Scholarship for Developing Countries Students are conceived as a comprehensive programme, which will comprise scholarships, study-accompanying measures and tutoring, study-accompanying training, supporting reintegration and follow up-contacts. Recipients of the scholarships are exempt from tuition fees. In addition to the scholarships, the AAI will also hand out general benefits (e.g. for learning aids, visa fees) and allowances for the costs of the university preparation programme to students in need from southern countries.
Scholarship can be taken at: Austria
Eligibility: The Scholarship-Programme is directed at students from Africa, Asia and Latin America who are interested in development policy and who have come to Austria on their own initiatives, in order to complete their education. With their decision for studying abroad, the students have demonstrated a high degree of assertiveness, creativity and mobility. The scholarship will contribute to following up on the right of education also for those critical and intellectual young people who will find poor conditions in their home countries. These aspects will apply still more strongly to women. So scholarships will offer a chance making up for the ethnic, religious, social and regional discrimination, and in individual cases, also for violations of human rights. The scholarships are divided into:
- Scholarships for the promotion of students doing masters degrees (application in Austria)
- Scholarships for the promotion of students doing doctoral degrees (application in Austria)
Nationality: Students from developing countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America can apply for this scholarship programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Students must have demonstrated a high degree of assertiveness, creativity and mobility.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Supporting Material: The following documents are in each case enclosed / the Following documents have to be attached to the application:
- Detailed explanation of why you with regard to the development policy objectives of Program a scholarship to be awarded / detailed explanatory statement why you receive a should undererstand scholarship in the face of the targets of the program
- Inskriptionsbestätigung / current university registration confirmation
- admission to study / certificate of admission
- Maturazeugnis / secondary school leaving certificate
- listing of all completed in Austria checks (on separate sheet for products or as Transcript) in re-request the tests of the last three semesters. / List of all exams taken in Austria (supplemental sheet to the report or report collection), for reapplication the exams of the load three semesters
- All final degrees or year reports (if available with translation) of Preliminary studies at other universities or colleges in Austria or abroad / All diplomas or end of academic year reports of former studies at other universities in Austria or abroad (if available translated)
- credit notice (if any) / transfer of credit notice (if available)
- Photo / photo
- Complete CV / complete curriculum vitae
- Supplement for dependents (if married) / supplemental sheet for family members (if married) Thesis / master thesis:
- Detailed description of Thesis / detailed description of master thesis
- Written opinion of the supervisor of the thesis (with confirmation of the theme) / written statement from the thesis advisor (approving the topic)
Thesis / dissertation:
- Detailed description (project outline) of the dissertation / detailed description (project draft) of the dissertation
- Written Opinion of the dissertation supervisor (and with confirmation of the theme Prognosis of expected completion) and the project supporting organization (if any)/ Written statement of the dissertation advisor (including the project's topic and expected date of graduation) and the project executing respectively organization
- Admission to further studies or Doctoral program / admission to continued studies / doctorate studies
How to Apply: Applications should be submitted by post.
Application Deadline: Students can apply for the scholarships by using the application form between the middle of March till the end of May each year.