British High Commission is offering Cameroon Women's Scholarship for 2015-2016 academic year. Up to ten scholarships will be awarded to pursue masters degree programme at any recognized university in Cameroon for studies related to Commonwealth values and principles. The award is a lump sum of one million francs. The application deadline is 31 December 2015.
Study Subject(s): Scholarships are awarded in the field of Human Rights Rule of Law /Governance, Information and Communication Technology, Science and Technology, Development studies, Media Management and Legislation, Security (International Security/Security, Management/Terrorism/Regional and Development/Conflict Resolution/Peace Studies.
Course Level: Scholarships are awarded for pursuing masters degree programme at any recognized university in Cameroon for studies related to Commonwealth values and principles.
Scholarship Provider: British High Commission in Cameroon
Scholarship can be taken at: Cameroon
Eligibility: The Cameroon Women Scholarship is open to those who meet the following criteria:
- All selected Scholars must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- must have secured an admission for the 2015/2016 academic year in any higher education institution of learning in Cameroon by 31st January 2016. Failure in securing admission by this date will lead to the withdrawal of scholarship.
- must be a national of Cameroon
- must hold an undergraduate degree (an equivalent of 3 – 4 years undergraduate studies) in any field with grade of at least a Second Class-upper (Hons).
- must have at least two (2) years work experience by 30 September 2015
- There is no age limit for Cameroon Women's Scholarship.
Scholarship Open for International Students: Citizens of Cameroon can apply for these scholarships.
Scholarship Description: The Cameroon Women's Scholarship targets women with strong leadership potential, who possess the academic excellence, to pursue a Master's degree, but face a significant financial barrier to continuing their studies. The Scholarship is funded by the British High Commission in Cameroon which also manages the scheme in partnership with the Cameroon Women's Scholarship Alumni.
Number of award(s): The British High Commission's Cameroon Women Scholarship will award ten (10) scholarships.
Duration of award(s): Not Known
What does it covers? The British High Commission's Cameroon Women Scholarship will award ten (10) scholarships for candidates starting a master's degree course at any recognized university in Cameroon for studies related to Commonwealth values and principles. The award is a lump sum of one million francs.
Selection criteria: Candidates are to be assessed against the following criteria:
- have the personal, intellectual and interpersonal qualities necessary for leadership in their home country
- be motivated to make a career leading to a position of leadership in their own countries within 10 years of their Scholarship
- be committed to networking to find global solutions to key development issues
- be able to use their studies and experience to benefit themselves, their country and the FCO
- be capable of successfully undertaking and completing their proposed course
NB: Application and personal statements must be in English Language irrespective of the language of instruction of the candidate and the school she will be attending.
Notification: Candidates shortlisted for interview will be required to submit copies of university level transcripts and all academic certificates.
How to Apply: To apply, provide the following:
- A completed scholarship application form (see below)
- A personal statement – a one-page statement/essay about yourself, your leadership potential, accomplishments and career goals (maximum of 800 words.)
- An updated CV (include contact details for two referees maximum of 2 pages using font 12 Times New Roman.) You will be disqualified if you do not stick to the guidance.
NB: Only the above three documents are needed at the first stage.
Submit your documents as an attachment to camwomenscholarship-at-gmail.com.
Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadline is 31 December 2015.