The Minister of Higher Education announces to the general public and prospective applicants that the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC) in the United Kingdom is offering postgraduate scholarships under the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan in the United Kingdom tenable from October 2018. The scholarship is offered under six (06) themes:
- Science and technology for development;
- Strengthening health systems and capacity;
- Promoting global prosperity;
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance;
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises;
- Access, inclusion and prosperity.
The awards may be in any of the following categories:
- One year taught Master's at an eligible UK institution;
- Three years doctorate programme.
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British protected person;
- Be permanently resident in an eligible commonwealth country;
- Not be a registered student for a PhD or MPhil at any UK university before September 2018.
- Must hold or expect to hold by October 2018, a first degree of upper second class honours for the Masters level, or a relevant postgraduate qualification (Master's degree) for PhD candidates;
- Applicants for PhD must provide a supporting statement from a named supervisor from at least one of the UK institutions to which they are applying. Awards are tenable at any U.K. institution of higher education with which the commission has a part-funding agreement. A list of these institutions can be found at: http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/ uk-universitiesl part-fundingl
- A handwritten stamped application addressed to the Minister of Higher Education indicating your Region of origin, chosen field of study and the sixdigit EAS registration number;
- A certified copy of birth certificate;
- A certificate of Nationality;
- A curriculum vitae;
- Certified copies of GCEAIL or Baccalaureate;
- Certified copies of university degrees;
- Copies of University transcripts;
- 4 most recent passport size photographs;
- 1 copy each of academic recommendation from 2 different referees;
- 1 supporting statement from a named supervisor from at least one UK
Potential candidates are advised to access the Electronic Application System (EAS) for application forms, complete and submit a copy of it before 22 February 2018, at the website: http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/phd-scholarships-low-middle-income-countries
Another copy of complete application files (01 original and 01 photocopy) should be deposited at the Ministry of Higher Education, Room 1504, before Friday 23 February 2018.