Curtin University is inviting applications for humanitarian fund for undergraduate students. The Curtin Humanitarian Fund will provide a range of awards to support educational costs. The award amount will be dependent on the circumstances of the individual recipient and the annual availability of funds. The application deadline is 20 November 2015.
Study Subject(s): Scholarships are provided to learn any of the courses offered by the Curtin University.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate degree level at Curtin University.
Scholarship Provider: Curtin University, Australia
Scholarship can be taken at: Australia
Eligibility: Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible to apply for the Curtin Humanitarian Fund Scholarship:
- International citizen
- Currently reside within Australia
- Currently applying for, or have submitted an application for either: An undergraduate degree at Curtin University in Semester 1, 2016 or A postgraduate (masters by coursework) degree at Curtin University in Semester 1, 2016
- Be from a refugee-like background, or the relative of such a person, who experienced forced migration and may have entered Australia in a number of ways including:
- Off-shore approved Refugee or Humanitarian entrant
- Onshore, community based Asylum Seeker or refugee
- Temporary Protection Visa holder
- Family Reunion
- Financial hardship
Scholarship Open for International Students: International students can apply for these scholarships.
Scholarship Description: The Curtin Humanitarian Fund has been developed by Curtin University to support Curtin undergraduate students from a refugee-like background and are experiencing financial difficulty in meeting costs of pursuing higher education. The Fund is in accordance with Curtin's long-standing, formal commitment to Ethics and Social Justice.
Number of award(s): Not Known
Duration of award(s): Not Known
What does it cover? The Curtin Humanitarian Fund will provide a range of awards to support educational costs. The award amount will be dependant on the circumstances of the individual recipient and the annual availability of funds.
Selection criteria: Not Known
Notification: Successful applicants must return acceptance documents by end-January 2016.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is by pot. fax or in person.
Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadline is 20 November 2015.