Applications are invited for residential scholarships in London for the September 2014 intake. Students should be from a developing or emerging country and intending to return on completion of their studies. Preference will be given to postgraduate students who are studying a course that will provide skills to assist in the development of their home country. Scholarships provide free accommodation at ISH for up to a year and in exceptional circumstances up to three years. Applications should be submitted till May 31st 2014.
Study Subject(s): Scholarships are awarded for accommodation during the applicant’s study period in London.
Course Level: This is a two year residential scholarship program for postgraduate students.
Scholarship Provider: (ISH) International Students House
Scholarship can be taken at: UK
- Students should be from a developing or emerging country and intending to return on completion of their studies. A list of developing countries can be found in the document on the right hand side.
- Preference will be given to postgraduate students.
- Preference will be given to students that are studying a course that will provide skills to assist in the development of their home country.
- Students must have a good proven academic record, with every prospect of success in their study and future careers.
- Students must study at a publicly funded tertiary level educational institution in London.
- Students must study in one of our member instituition. Please contact your university to check that they will be taking up membership for the academic year for which you are applying.
- Preference will be given to students who would otherwise be unable to study/finish their study for financial reasons.
- Except in exceptional circumstances awards will be for one year only.
- Students must have a tuition scholarship in place from their place of study, their Government or a recognised organisation.
Scholarship Open for International Students: Students of developing countries (Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep, Congo Rep, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Arab Rep., El Salvador, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bisau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iran, Islamic Rep., Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, Dem Rep., Kosovo, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, FYR, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Romania, Russian Federation, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the, Grenadines, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, RB, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen, Rep., Zambia and Zimbabwe) can apply for these residential scholarships.
Scholarship Description: International Students House Residential Scholarship Scheme has grown immensely since 1992. Last year we provided over 50 scholarships to students who otherwise would have no means of studying in London. We are immensely proud of all of our scholars and we are absolutely thrilled to be able to say that combined with our partners the scheme is now worth over £1M. We provide a range of Residential Scholarships which provide free accommodation at ISH for up to a year and in exceptional circumstances up to three years. All of our scholarships are designed to give students from the developing world an opportunity to study in London and to acquire skills and training that will allow them, when they return home, to work and aid their country’s development.
Number of award(s): Not Known (Last year they provided over 50 scholarships to students who otherwise would have no means of studying in London)
Duration of award(s): Scholarship provides free accommodation at ISH for up to a year and in exceptional circumstances up to three years.
What does it cover? ISH provides a range of residential scholarships which provide free accommodation at ISH for up to a year and in exceptional circumstances up to three years. Other than in exceptional circumstances, the maximum award will be a grant or a loan of up to £1,000.
Selection Criteria: Not Known
Notification: Not Known
How to Apply: Applicants should apply by post.
Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadline is May 31st 2014.