Brief description: The International Water Centre (IWC) Australia offers Masters Scholarship for International Students who are enrolling in Water Management Programme at IWC, 2016.
Accepted Subject Areas: Master of Integrated Water Management (MIWM
About Scholarship: The IWC Masters Scholarships are prestigious scholarships awarded annually to high calibre candidates who clearly demonstrate potential to become future water leaders. Scholarships are available to study the IWC Master of Integrated Water Management (MIWM). The scholarship targets two groups: (a) Future water leaders from developing countries in Asia-Pacific, Africa, South and Central America, the Caribbean, Europe and the Middle-East. (b) Future water leader from selected countries in North America, Europe, the Middle East or Asia.
Scholarship Offered Since: not specified
Scholarship Type: Full Masters Scholarship
- Academic record: an excellent academic record and a likelihood of success in further study.
- Professional and volunteering record: relevant employment and volunteering experience, achievements, membership of professional bodies and professional references.
- Commitment to promoting and driving the implementation of collaborative, whole-of-water-cycle, integrated and interdisciplinary approaches to water management.
- Leadership qualities including collaboration and team work, flexibility, initiative, communication skills, integrity and vision through professional, educational, community and other achievements.
- Potential outcomes: the likelihood of positive impacts on the individual and the water sector from participating in the MIWM program.
To apply for a scholarship, you must have all of the following:
- A completed undergraduate degree in a related field of study from an internationally-recognised institution;
- At least two years of professional experience (paid work or volunteering experience) relevant to the program;
Although professional experience is not essential for admission in the MIWM program, candidates with relevant professional experience have a higher chance of securing a scholarship – see Selection Criteria below.
- International candidates must also demonstrate English Language Proficiency (minimum scores for IELTS, TOEFL or PTE). A proof of English language proficiency needs to be uploaded with the online application form.
Number of Scholarship: Up to 3 scholarships for international candidates for full-time study of the MIWM program starting in Semester 1, 2016.
- A – Up to two full tuition and full living costs scholarships for future water leaders from developing countries in Asia-Pacific, Africa, South and Central America, the Caribbean, Europe and the Middle-East.
- B – One full tuition scholarship for a future water leader from North America, Europe, the Middle East or Asia
A – Each scholarship is valued at approximately AU$ 89,811 and will cover full tuition fees, living costs, return air travel to Australia, student visa and overseas health cover.
B – The scholarship is valued at approximately AU$ 50,776 and will cover full tuition fees and overseas health cover.
Eligible Countries: developing countries in Asia-Pacific, Africa, South and Central America, the Caribbean, Europe and the Middle-East.
To be taken at (country): Australia
Application Deadline: 1 August 2015
Offered annually? Yes
How to Apply
To apply, you have to complete an online application form before the deadline
Visit Scholarship Webpage for details
By the International Water Centre (IWC)
The scholarships do not include travel, accommodation, field work, or living costs. These costs will be the responsibility of successful recipients.
Recipients are responsible for paying the remainder of the tuition fees each semester and all other associated expenses.