Government of Mauritius is offering Africa scholarships for pursuing undergraduate study at public tertiary education institutions in Mauritius. Up to 50 scholarships will be awarded for a maximum of four (4) years depending on the course duration. Scholarship will cover a monthly living allowance of Rs 8,300, annual tuition fees of up to Rs 100,000 and Airfare (economy class student fare) for the most economical route at the start and end of the studies. Application should be submitted till 30th June 2014.
Study Subject (s): Scholarships are awarded to learn any of the courses at public tertiary education institutions in Mauritius.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate studies at public tertiary education institutions in Mauritius.
Scholarship Provider: Government of Mauritius
Scholarship can be taken at: Mauritius
Eligibility: Students must have:-
- passed in 3 subjects at General Certificate of Education “Advanced Level” / Cambridge International A level or at an equivalent level acceptable to the Scholarship panel; and
- secured a conditional offer in a fully accredited and on-campus undergraduate programme on a full-time basis at a public tertiary education institution.
- Candidates should be resident citizens of a member state of the African Union.
- Candidates should not be more than 25 years of age at the date of application
Scholarship Open for International Students: Students of Africa (People`s Democratic Republic of Algeria, Republic of Angola, Republic of Benin, Republic of Botswana, Burkina Faso, Republic of Burundi, Republic of Cabo Verde, Republic of Cameroon, Central African Republic, The Republic of Chad, Union of the Comoros, Republic of the Congo, Republic of Cote d'Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of Djibouti, Arab Republic of Egypt, Republic of Equatorial Guinea, State of Eritrea, Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Gabonese Republic, Republic of the Gambia, Republic of Ghana, Republic of Guinea, Republic of Guinea-Bissau, Republic of Kenya, Kingdom of Lesotho, Republic of Liberia, Libya, Republic of Madagascar, Republic of Malawi, Republic of Mali, Republic of Mauritania, Republic of Mauritius, Republic of Mozambique, Republic of Namibia, Republic of Niger, Federal Republic of Nigeria, Republic of Rwanda, Republic Arab Saharawi Democratic, Democratic Republic of sao Tome and Principe, Republic of Senegal, Republic of Seychelles, Republic of Sierra Leone, Somali Republic, Republic of South Africa, Republic of South Sudan, Republic of The Sudan, Kingdom of Swaziland, Tanzania, Togolese Republic, Tunisian Republic, Republic of Uganda, Republic of Zambia and Republic of Zimbabwe) can apply for the scholarships.
Scholarship Description: Government of MauritiusAs a member of the SADC, COMESA and African Union, Mauritius plays a dynamic role on the African continent and cooperates with the continent with a view to, inter alia, fast tracking regional integration and sharing its experience on governance and development. In this context, the Government of Mauritius is offering scholarships for undergraduate studies in public tertiary education institutions in Mauritius to 50 African students in 2014.
Number of award(s): 50 Africa scholarships are awarded.
Duration of award(s): The duration of the scholarship will be for a maximum of four (4) years depending on the course duration.
What does it cover? Scholarship will cover:
- A monthly living allowance of Rs 8,300 (USD 266 approximately);
- Annual tuition fees of up to Rs 100,000 (USD 3205 approximately); and
- Airfare (economy class student fare) for the most economical route at the start and end of the studies.
Selection Criteria: Not Known
Notification: Not Known
How to Apply: All applications should be made through the Ministry of Education or the equivalent Ministry of the country of the applicant, on the prescribed format with the necessary supporting documents. After endorsement by the Ministry of Education or the equivalent Ministry, the nomination form must be sent through diplomatic channel to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Regional Integration and International Trade of Mauritius. Documents should be submitted:
- Application forms
- Birth certificate
- Certified copies of education certificates,
- Transcripts of secondary school results,
- Mark sheets relating to their qualifications,
- Letter of conditional offer by a public tertiary education institution in Mauritius.
Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadline is 30th June 2014.