University of Queensland Business School is offering up to four (4) scholarships for pursuing MBA program (and MBA articulation pathway). Scholarships are offered to outstanding woman students to apply for July 2016 intake.
UQ Business School is independently ranked as one of the top business schools in Australia and amongst the leading institutions worldwide. Based in Brisbane, it brings together over 130 subject experts with over 8,000 students and offers a wide range of degree programs and executive education.
University's aim is to achieve national and international recognition as one of the best research intensive business schools in the Asia Pacific region.
Applicant must have bachelor degree or equivalent with a GPA of at least 4.50 on a 7 point scale and IELTS overall 6.5; reading 6; writing 6; speaking 6; listening 6.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing postgraduate coursework (MBA) degree program.
Study Subject: Scholarships are offered for master degree in the field of business.
List of Subject: Business Administration
Scholarship Award: Total offer is of 50% discount on course tuition fees for a maximum period of 24 months.
Scholarship can be taken at: Australia
Eligibility: The scholarship will entitle the successful applicants to receive a 50% discount on their course tuition fees for a maximum period of 24 months. If the scholarship recipient exceeds the 24 months timeframe they become solely responsible for the full tuition cost of any and all remaining courses after the date specified in the scholarship offer. The scholarship will be renewed at the end of each semester for a period of 24 months if the holder:
- obtains satisfactory grades; and
- maintains a satisfactory rate of continuous enrolment for a period of 24 months within the MBA program; and
- fulfils the obligations of an MBA student; and
- remains an MBA student.
Nationality: Australian, permanent residents or New Zealand and international students can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Bachelor degree or equivalent with a GPA of at least 4.50 on a 7 point scale and four years full-time work experience post-graduation including at least two of the four years full-time work experience gained while working in a dedicated supervisory/management role as approved by the Executive Dean; or graduate diploma in Business Administration from UQ or equivalent with a GPA of at least 4.50 on a 7 point scale.
Test Requirement: International applicants must complete the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) with a minimum score of 550.
English Language Requirement: To meet the UQ's English language proficiency requirements, student must demonstrate one of the following:
- a score equivalent to four semesters of Sound Achievement in Queensland Studies Authority English or Australian or international equivalent. Less than four semesters may be considered for some programs.
- at least 6.5 overall and a minimum of 6.0 in each sub-band of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or equivalent test. Some programs have higher English proficiency requirements; see individual program requirements.
Supporting Material: In addition to the application for the scholarship, the applicant must submit the following documents
- Official transcripts of previous studies.
- Evidence of work experience including details of management experience in the form of a CV. Please ensure that CV includes full work history, and outlines the major activities student undertake on a daily basis.
- Two written references that are work related. Applicant's referees need to substantiate the nature of their work and the managerial duties they currently perform. They should verify details including but not limited to: managing a team of people, managing client accounts, the managerial components of any major projects they have been directly responsible for, and/or financial delegations for which student is directly responsible. All references must be to the satisfaction of the MBA Director
- Evidence of residency status.
- Permanent residents will be required to sit an IELTS and/or GMAT test if their prior studies were taught in an institution where English was not the language of instruction.
How to Apply: Applicants must meet each of the following conditions in order to apply for the scholarship:
- have already submitted an application for entry into the MBA program and be eligible to receive an ‘unconditional' offer for admission. That is, student must have met the official entry criteria for acceptance into the MBA program (including GMAT, English Language proficiency, and work experience); and
- provide a personal statement of no more than 1000 words (use 1.5 spacing and 12 point font) in support of their application. This statement should:
a. explain why they want to undertake the MBA at UQ Business School; and
b. describe what value they think they will bring to their fellow MBA students; and
c. outline long-term career goals; and
d. provide evidence of leadership skills and community involvement; and
e. outline how they will add value to the MBA program; and
- supply two written references as follows:
a. a professional reference from a current or former (recent) supervisor or manager; and
b. a character reference; and
- attend an interview if required—in Australia or via video-conference/skype/phone. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted as required to arrange a suitable time; and
- Not have been awarded any other MBA scholarship as defined by UQ Business School.
- Applications for admission to the MBA program should be submitted separately to their scholarship application.
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is 31st May 2016, for commencement in July 2016.