Brief description: New Zealand Aid Programme Scholarships offers the opportunity to people from targeted developing countries to undertake development-related studies at tertiary education institutions in New Zealand
Eligible Fields of study: Subjects that will help with social, economic or political
About Scholarship: The New Zealand Aid Programme, managed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, is the New Zealand Government's international aid and development programme. Its mission is to support sustainable development in developing countries in order to reduce poverty and contribute to a more secure, equitable and prosperous world. New Zealand Aid Programme Scholarships are for individuals from developing countries who are motivated to make a difference at home. Scholars have the opportunity to study subjects that will help with social, economic or political needs in their own country. The New Zealand Aid Programme is looking for people with strong academic or work skills, and leadership ability or potential.
Scholarship Offered Since: Not Specified
Who is eligibility to apply? Applicants must meet the following conditions to be eligible for a New Zealand Scholarship:
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age at the time of commencing your scholarship.
- Be a citizen of the country from which you are applying for a scholarship.
- Not have citizenship or permanent residence status of New Zealand, Australia, USA, Canada, European Union countries, United Kingdom, Japan, Israel, South Korea, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia. Have resided in your home country for at least two years immediately prior to commencing your scholarship. Have at least 2 years of work experience (part time or fulltime, paid or voluntary).
- Not be serving military personnel.
- Be able to satisfy Immigration requirements for international student entry to New Zealand or the country in which you will undertake your scholarship (i.e. medical checks, police clearances/character checks, etc.)
- Be academically and linguistically able to obtain an Offer of Place for the proposed programme of study from the tertiary institute where you will undertake your scholarship.
- Not have been previously terminated from a New Zealand Government Scholarship
- Seek a qualification that will contribute to the sustainable development of your home country
- Commit to return to your country for a minimum of 2 years at the end of your scholarship.
Number of Scholarship: Several
What are the benefits? New Zealand has first-rate education institutions that offer world-recognised qualifications. Successful applicants will have access to excellent academic knowledge in quality facilities. The scholarships include financial support for tuition, living costs while in New Zealand, and airfares. The partners of students are eligible for a work visa that allows them to live and work in New Zealand for the duration of their partner's study.
Duration of sponsorship: Scholarship will last for the duration of the postgraduate programme
Eligible African Countries Algeria, Angola, Botswana, Cameroon, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Egypt, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
To be taken at (country): New Zealand
Application Deadline: 31 July 2015
Offered annually? Yes
How to Apply Visit the Scholarship Webpage for details
Sponsors: The New Zealand Development Scholarships are funded by the New Zealand Aid Programme, the New Zealand Government's overseas aid and development programme and managed by the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (MFAT).