Nanjing University of Science and Technology (NUST) and Nanjing Government have jointly set up the scholarship program for outstanding international students. 140 Scholarships are offered for undergraduate, master, doctoral and preparatory students.
In order to enhance international exchange and attract more outstanding international students to study here, Nanjing Government and Nanjing University of Science & Technology have jointly set up the scholarship program.
Nanjing University of Science & Technology (NJUST) is one of the key universities in China under the guidance of the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology.
Applicants should meet the language requirements of the higher education institutions. General English language requirements for English-instructed programs and Chinese-instructed programs are different.
Course Level: Scholarships are set up for Undergraduate students, Master students, Doctoral students and Preparatory students.
Study Subject(s): Scholarships are awarded in all subjects offered at Nanjing University of Science and Technology.
Scholarship Award: Scholarship includes:
1) Full Postgraduate Scholarship
- Exempt from tuition fee
- Free on-campus dormitory accommodation (Double room)
- Living allowance: 24,000 yuan /year per person for Doctoral students, Per 20,400 yuan/year for Master students
Note: Living allowance will be converted monthly to Doctoral students 2000 yuan/ month, Master students 1700 yuan/month. The university will issue the living allowance base on students' actual study period and stay period at NJUST.
2) Partial Postgraduate Scholarship
- Exempt from tuition fee
- No living allowance, no free accommodation
2. Undergraduate Students:
- One-off subsidy, exempt CNY 10,000 from tuition fee
3. Chinese Language Students: One-off subsidy, exempt CNY 5,000 from tuition fee
Note: Scholarship awardees are exempt from tuition fee. But fees of books and internship, etc. are at their own expense.
NJUST will not offer extra accommodation to applicants' family members. By showing Family Membership Certificate issued by China Embassy or General Consulate, married Master students and Doctoral students who carry family members with them can apply for off-campus accommodation. Accommodation allowance is CNY 1000/month for Doctoral degree students, CNY 700/month for Master degree students.
Scholarship can be taken at: China
- NMG-NUST Scholarship is opened to non-Chinese citizen and in good health
- Education background and age limit: For Bachelor degree: applicants have to be less than 28 years old, and obtain senior high school certificate; For Master degree: applicants have to be less than 35 years old, and obtain bachelor degree certificate; For Doctoral degree: applicants have to be less than 40 years old, and obtain Master degree certificate.
- Applicants must obtain a competitive academic records and be pursuing a high demand.
Transcripts result must be 75% above
- Applicants who applied for English taught program must have IELTS score 5.5 above or TOFEL score 90 above;
- Applicants who applied for Chinese taught programs must have HSK result above level 4.
Nationality: International students (non-Chinese) can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must obtain a competitive academic records.
Test Requirement: Not Required
English Language Requirements: Applicants who apply for English-taught program must have IELTS score, 6.0 above or new TOFEL score, 80 above (out of 120);
- Applicants who apply for Chinese-taught program must have HSK result, level 4 above.
- Students who have won other Chinese scholarships between 2016 to 2017 are not qualified for application.
Supporting Material: Hardcopy application package should include:
1) Printed and completed form of ‘Nanjing Municipal Government—Nanjing University of Science & Technology Joint Scholarship Program scholarship' from online system
2) Copy of passport information page
3) Copy of ggraduation certificates/diploma of highest degree, copy of officially issued transcripts from previous schools (photocopy).
4) Language Proficiency Certificate
5) Research Plan/Personal Statement
6) Reference Letters
7) Academic papers and academic achievements, if any(for Master Degree and Doctoral Degree applicants)
8) Provisional Consent Form
9) Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (in English)
How to Apply: Applicants have to complete both online application and have to mail package of hardcopy application materials to us. Note: Application materials will not be returned regardless of the result.
Application Deadline: Application deadline is May 30th, 2016.