The University of Oxford is offering Skoll Scholarships for MBA students. The scholarship provides full funding plus a living stipend to complete a Masters of Business Administration (MBA) at the University of Oxford's Saïd Business School.
The mission of the Skoll Centre is to accelerate the impact of entrepreneurial activity that aims to transform unjust or unsatisfactory systems and practices.
Saïd Business School is an academic department and the business school of the University of Oxford in UK. It is the University of Oxford's centre of learning for undergraduate and graduate students in business, management and finance.
Candidates whose first language is not English or who have not studied at an English speaking university are required to take either the TOEFL or IELTS tests.
Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing MBA programme at the Saïd Business School.
Study Subject(s): Scholarship is awarded to MBA students who want to pursue entrepreneurial solutions for urgent social and environmental challenges.
Scholarship Award: The Skoll Scholarship covers the full costs of tuition and college fees for the MBA programme at Saïd Business School, University of Oxford. The Scholarship also covers partial living expenses based on need, up to an additional £8,000. In addition to financial support, the Scholarship provides access to the Skoll Scholar community, a group of leaders who are positively impacting the world through innovation and systems change, as well as exclusive opportunities to meet with world-renowned entrepreneurs, thought leaders and investors.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: To be considered, students need to meet the following criteria
- Candidates must have started and grown a social venture that has been running for at least 3 years by the time they apply for the MBA, OR they have been responsible for leading a major expansion of an existing social venture or programme within a venture for 3 years by the time they apply for the MBA.
- Candidates must demonstrate evidence of personal qualities strongly resonating with entrepreneurial leadership, and illustrate how these have influenced their career path thus far. These qualities include:
Single-mindedness and persistence in pursuit of a social/environmental benefit goal, including a willingness to face failure and start again
A bias towards action rather than reflection
A tendency to explore the environment for opportunities and resources
A willingness to take personal, and sometimes financial, risks
A propensity to develop networks and draw upon their members to pursue mutual goals.
- Candidates must demonstrate how a business education can contribute to the wider development of the community within which they work. They will need to illustrate why a business degree at this stage of their career trajectory can help them amplify their impact.
- Candidates must demonstrate some evidence of their need for the Scholarship. This may be exhibited, for example, in previous work experiences or personal backgrounds which make self-funding the MBA a significant financial burden.
Nationality: Students of any nationality can apply for these Skoll scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: The MBA Admissions Committee considers a wide range of criteria, to apply for MBA student need to meet the following requirements:
- An undergraduate degree
- Relevant professional experience detailed in a 1-page CV
- GMAT or GRE score
- English test (if required)
- Mandatory essays: How do you fit with Oxford Saïd's mission? (Maximum 500 words) and Is there anything not covered in the application form which you would like the Admissions Committee to know about you? (Maximum 250 words)
- A completed online application form
Test Requirement: The MBA admissions team recommends candidates apply with a GMAT score of 650 or above. The recommendation for GRE scores is a verbal score of 160 and a quantitative score of 161
English Language Requirement: Candidates whose first language is not English or who have not studied at an English speaking university are required to take either the TOEFL or IELTS tests.
How to Apply: To apply for the Skoll Scholarship you first need to apply and be accepted onto the Saïd Business School's MBA programme. Follow these steps:
- Connect with us to register your interest in the Scholarship and make sure you're kept up to date with announcements about upcoming deadlines.
- Apply for the MBA programme directly to Saïd Business School. You'll need to do this during stages 1-3 of the MBA admissions process for the 2017-18 academic year. All the information about the programme and relevant deadlines can be found here.
- Tick the “Skoll Scholarship” box when you submit your MBA application! You'll find this under the “Scholarships” section of the application.
- The MBA admissions team will assess your application to ensure you meet the academic requirements sought by the Saïd Business School. Then, if you are accepted onto the MBA programme, you will be eligible to apply for the Skoll Scholarship.
- Once you've received confirmation that you have been accepted onto the MBA programme, keep an eye on your emails as the Skoll Centre will send you a link to the Scholarship online application. See timelines below to know when to expect this.
- Complete the Skoll Scholarship online application. This consists of a series of short essay questions asking about your experience as an entrepreneur, your social impact, and why you believe you are a strong candidate for the scholarship.
- That's it! The Skoll Centre will then consider your candidacy for the Scholarship and advise you accordingly. If your written application is successful, you'll be invited to join an in-person or video Skype interview with the Skoll Scholarship Selection Committee.
Application Deadline: The Skoll Scholarship online application deadline is 17 March 2017. Candidates must apply to the Oxford MBA programme during specific stages of the School's application rounds to be considered for the Skoll Scholarship. The application deadlines are
Stage 1 : 09 September 2016
Stage 2: 28 October 2016
Stage 3 : 06 January 2017
Stage 4 :17 March 2017
Stage 5 : 05 May 2017
Stage 6 : 09 June 2017