Over 40 study grants will be available for entry in 2016-2017 to international students. Applicants must be applying in first, single and second cycle degree programmes at the Alma Mater Studiorum-University of Bologna.
Grants are divided as follows: 8 study grants for students applying in first cycle and single cycle degree programmes and 32 study grants for students registering in second cycle degree programmes.
The University of Bologna, founded in 1088, was the first university and is the oldest in the world. It was the first place of study to use the term universitas for the corporations of students and masters which came to define the institution, located in Bologna, Italy.
GRE and SAT scores are required.
Course Level: Grants are available for pursuing first, single or second cycle degree programmes.
Study Subject: Grants are awarded in all subjects available at the University of Bologna.
Scholarship Award: Each study grant is awarded for one academic year and amounts to a total of €11,059, gross of all charges for the beneficiary's account.
Scholarship can be taken at: Italy
Eligibility: Applicant can apply for Unibo Action 2 if:
- they are in possession of (or about to obtain) a valid qualification for access to their chosen degree programme, issued by an Institution outside of the Italian educational system;
- they will sit one of the following tests by the application deadline:
SAT (if they are interested in registering in a first or single cycle degree programme)
GRE (if they are interested in registering in a second cycle degree programme)
- they are younger than 30 years
Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for these study grants.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Application is open exclusively to candidates who are in possession of all the following requirements:
-the qualifications for admission to the chosen First, Single or Second Cycle degree programme were obtained in an institution outside of the Italian education system, after at least two years of attendance.
If the qualification for admission is a one year title, the prior qualification will be considered too. Qualifications issued by institutions of the Republic of San Marino do not satisfy this condition.
Applicants' citizenship is not considered;
- they fulfil the access requirements foreseen for the chosen degree programme or will fulfil such requirements at the time of registration;
- they are not students at the University of Bologna of First, Single or Second Cycle degree programmes. Important! Those whose student career ended within A.Y. 2014/15 for any reason are not considered students. Withdrawals from studies should have been completed before the publication of this call.
- they have not already benefited from the study grant Unibo Action 2;
- they are not 30 years or older on the deadline of this call.
Test Requirement: SAT and GRE test are aptitude and skills assessment tests. The tests can be sat in authorised centres in various countries around the world; they are held in English. They must enroll for the tests on the websites of the organisations managing the tests. The codes needed to send test scores to the University of Bologna are: for SAT 6993; for GRE 7850.
Supporting Material: Applicants must obligatorily attach with their application:
- copy of their currently valid passport. EU citizens can attach copy of their identity document;
- copy of the score report of the SAT test (for students registering for First Cycle or Single Cycle degrees) or GRE test (for students registering for Second Cycle degrees). The SAT or GRE tests must be complete with all sections and must have been sat not earlier than 5 years before, and not later than 29 February 2016 (SAT test) or 31 March 2016 (GRE test), otherwise they won't be considered. Next to this, it is mandatory for applicants to send the official score reports through the organizations in charge of the tests (College Board and ETS).
How to Apply: Eligible applicants should complete an online scholarship application.
Application Deadline: The last date to apply is 31st March, 2016.