Brief description: PhD Research Fellowship for Foreign scholars from Developing Countries in Biotechnology, India 2015
Accepted Subject Areas?
PhD in Biotechnology
The Department of Biotechnology (DBT) of the Ministry of Science and Technology, India, and TWAS, Italy have instituted a postgraduate fellowship programme for foreign scholars from developing countries who wish to pursue research towards a PhD in Biotechnology, tenable at key biotechnology research institutions in India for a period of up to five years. The language of instruction is English.
Scholarship Offered Since: Not Specified
Who is qualified to apply?
Applicants for these research fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- Be a maximum age of 35 years on 31 December of the application year.
- Be nationals of a developing country (other than India).
- Hold a Master's or equivalent degree in science or engineering.
- Be regularly employed in a developing country and hold a research assignment there.
For SANDWICH Fellowships:
- Be registered PhD students in their home country and provide the “Registration and No Objection Certificate” from the HOME university (sample is included in the application form).
- For FULL-TIME Fellowships: Be willing to register at a university in India. Be accepted at a biotechnology institution in India (see sample Acceptance Letter included in the application form).
Number of scholarship: Several
Benefits: DBT will provide a monthly stipend to cover for living costs, food and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency. In addition, the fellowship holder will receive a house rent allowance.
Duration: TWAS-DBT Postgraduate Fellowships are tenable at key biotechnology research institutions in India for a period of up to five years.
Eligible African Countries: Developing Countries
To be taken at (country): Applicants may be registered for a PhD degree in their home country, or may enrol in a PhD course at a host laboratory/institute in India.
Application deadline: 31 August of each year
Offered annually? Yes
How to Apply
Before applying it is recommended that you read very carefully the application guidelines for detailed information on eligibility criteria, and other key requirements of the application procedure.
Visit Scholarship webpage
The Department of Biotechnology (DBT) of the Ministry of Science and Technology, India, and TWAS, Italy
Applicants may be registered for a PhD degree in their home country, or may enrol in a PhD course at a host laboratory/institute in India. However, candidates are free to choose an Indian biotechnology institution that does not appear on the list.