University Twente Scholarships (UTS) are scholarships for excellent students from both EU/EEA and non-EU/EEA countries, applying for a graduate programme (MSc) at the University of Twente.
Univesity of Twente, The Netherlands
Field of study:
- Applied Mathematics
- Applied Physics
- Biomedical Engineering
- Business Administration
- Business Information Technology
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering and Management
- Communication Studies
- Computer Science
- Construction Management and Engineering
- Educational Science and Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- Embedded Systems
- European Studies
- Health Sciences
- Human Media Interaction
- Industrial Design Engineering
- Industrial Engineering and Management
- Environmental and Energy Management
- Mechanical Engineering
- Philosophy of Science, Technology and Society
- Public Administration
- Science Education and Communication
- Sustainable Energy Technology
- Systems and Control
Number of Scholarships:
International students from both EU/EEA and non-EU/EEA countries
€ 6,000 – € 25,000 for one year
To qualify for a UTS, candidates must fulfil all of the following requirements below:
- Your programme starts in September 2016
- For this application round, you have been (provisionally) admitted to one of the above mentioned UT graduate programmes before 15 December 2015;
- You have to include a motivation letter in your application (250 – 500 words), this motivation letter explains: (1) What you have studied in the past; (2) What goal you want to reach through your study at UT; (3) How you plan to receive this goal; (4) Why you particularly choose to study at the University of Twente;
- You comply with the conditions for obtaining an entry visa in the Netherlands (if applicable).
- You comply with the general English language test requirement Academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) and an additional 6.0 (TOEFL iBT 20) on the subscore of speaking skills.
- You are not eligible for a Dutch study grant.
- You have completed a pre-master at the University of Twente (if applicable).
- You may already apply for a UTS even if you have to do a pre-master programme at the University of Twente first. However, you must complete your pre-master programme with a CGPA of 7.5 (out of 10) to be eligible for a UTS and comply with above mentioned requirements.
In order to apply for this scholarship, you already need to be (provisionally) admitted to one of the qualifying Master programmes before 15 December 2015. If you apply for a UTS scholarship without meeting all the requirements, your application will not be considered. For the first round, the deadline for scholarship applications is 30 December 2015.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to start the application process and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.utwente.nl/internationalstudents/scholarshipsandgrants/all/uts/