Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund is offering award for women applicants of developing countries to pursue their degree in the USA and Canada. Applicants must enrolled (in residence) at an accredited U.S. or Canadian educational institution for the academic year 2013-14 and intends to be enrolled for the 2014-15 academic year. An MMMF grant covers only a portion of the total costs for an academic year. Therefore, applicants need to access other financial resources. Application deadline is January 15, 2014.
Study Subject (s): The scholarship is provided to learn any of the courses offered by the U.S. or Canadian educational institution.
Course Level: This grant for developing country awarded towards the completion of her degree program in Canada and USA.
Scholarship Provider: Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund
Scholarship can be taken at: US / Canada
Eligibility: -A woman is eligible to apply for an MMMF grant if she meets all the following criteria:
- Has a record of service to women and children and a commitment to improve the lives of women and children in developing countries
- Resides in the U.S. or Canada at the time she submits the application
- Is enrolled (in residence) at an accredited U.S. or Canadian educational institution for the academic year 2013-14, and intends to be enrolled for the 2014-15 academic year
- Will use the grant toward the completion of her degree
- Is a national of a lower or middle income developing member country, as designated by the MMMF Country Eligibility List
- Is not a U.S. or Canadian citizen, permanent U.S. resident or Canadian Landed Immigrant
- Intends to return to her country (or other developing country) within two years of completing use of the MMMF grant and perform at least two years of service
- Demonstrates financial need and satisfactory academic performance
- Is at least 25 years old by December 31, 2013
- Is not related to a World Bank Group staff member or his/her spouse.
Scholarship Open for Students of Following Countries: Students from developing countries (Afghanistan, Gambia, Mozambique, Bangladesh, The Guinea, Myanmar, Benin, Guinea-Bisau, Nepal, Burkina Faso, Haiti, Niger, Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Cambodia, Korea, Dem Rep., Sierra Leone, Central African Republic, Kyrgyz Republic, Somalia, Liberia, Tajikistan, Comoros, Madagascar, Tanzania, Malawi, Togo, Congo, Dem. Rep, Eritrea, Mali, Uganda, Ethiopia, Mauritania, Zimbabwe, Albania, Indonesia, Samoa, Armenia, India, São Tomé and Principe, Belize, Iraq, Senegal, Bhutan, Kiribati, Solomon Islands, Bolivia, Kosovo, South Sudan, Cameroon, Lao PDR, Sri Lanka, Cape Verde, Lesotho, Sudan, Congo, Rep., Marshall Islands, Swaziland, Côte d’Ivoire, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Syrian Arab Republic, Djibouti, Moldova, Timor-Leste, Egypt, Arab Rep., Mongolia, Tonga, El Salvador, Morocco, Ukraine, Fiji, Nicaragua, Uzbekistan, Georgia, Nigeria, Vanuatu, Ghana, Pakistan, Vietnam, Guatemala, Papua New Guinea, West Bank and Gaza, Guyana, Paraguay, Yemen, Rep., Honduras, Philippines, Zambia, Angola, Ecuador, Palau, Algeria, Gabon, Panama, American Samoa, Grenada, Peru, Antigua and Barbuda, Iran, Islamic Rep., Romania, Argentina, Jamaica, Russian Federation, Azerbaijan, Jordan, Serbia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Seychelles, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Latvia, South Africa, Botswana, Lebanon, St. Lucia, Brazil, Libya, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Suriname, Chile, Macedonia, FYR, Thailand, China, Malaysia, Tunisia, Colombia, Maldives, Turkey, Costa Rica, Mauritius, Turkmenistan, Cuba, Mexico, Tuvalu, Dominica, Montenegro and Uruguay) who are currently studying in the USA or Canada are eligible for this grant.
Scholarship Description: For students from developing countries who are currently studying in the United States or Canada, the MMMF awards grants of approximately $12,000 each; grants are not renewable. The MMMF also typically invites the recipients to Washington DC to participate in a three day Awards Program organized in their honor.
Number of awards offered: Not Known
Duration of award(s): Not Known
What does it cover? The MMMF awards grants of approximately $12,000 each; grants are not renewable.
Selection Criteria: Not known
Notification: Only selected recipients will be notified by late March 2014.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online.
Scholarship Application Deadline: The deadline for applications is January 15, 2014.