UQ Business School is inviting applications for women MBA scholarship for international students. The scholarship will entitle the successful applicants to receive a 50% discount on their course tuition fees for a maximum period of 24 months. If the scholarship recipient exceeds the 24 months timeframe they become solely responsible for the full tuition cost of any and all remaining courses after the date specified in the scholarship offer. The application deadline is 31 October 2015.
Study Subject(s): Scholarships are provided in business administration at University of Queensland.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing Postgraduate Coursework (MBA) degree level at University of Queensland.
Scholarship Provider: UQ Business School, University of Queensland
Scholarship can be taken at: Australia
Eligibility: The scholarship will entitle the successful applicants to receive a 50% discount on their course tuition fees for a maximum period of 24 months. If the scholarship recipient exceeds the 24 months timeframe they become solely responsible for the full tuition cost of any and all remaining courses after the date specified in the scholarship offer. The scholarship will be renewed at the end of each semester for a period of 24 months if the holder:
- obtains satisfactory grades; and
- maintains a satisfactory rate of continuous enrolment for a period of 24 months within the MBA program; and
- fulfils the obligations* of an MBA student; and
- remains an MBA student.
Scholarship Open for International Students: Australian, Permanent Residents or NZ citizen and International student can apply for these scholarships.
Scholarship Description: UQ Business School is independently ranked as one of the top business schools in Australia and amongst the leading institutions worldwide. Based in Brisbane, it brings together over 130 subject experts with over 8,000 students and offers a wide range of degree programs and executive education.
Number of award(s): 4 scholarships are offered.
Duration of award(s): Scholarships are offered for a maximum period of 24 months.
What does it cover? Total offer is of 50% discount on course tuition fees for a maximum period of 24 months.
Selection criteria: Applicants will be notified in writing of the outcome of the scholarship selection process as soon as possible after the closing date. No late applications will be considered. Not every scholarship will be awarded on an annual basis. Scholarships are limited and awarded on a competitive basis. All scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the MBA Director whose decision is final.
Notification: Not Known
How to Apply: Applicants must meet each of the following conditions in order to apply for the scholarship:
- have already submitted an application for entry into the MBA program and be eligible to receive an ‘unconditional' offer for admission^. That is, you must have met the official entry criteria for acceptance into the MBA program (including GMAT, English Language proficiency, and work experience); and
- provide a personal statement of no more than 1000 words (use 1.5 spacing and 12 point font) in support of your application. This statement should: explain why you want to undertake the MBA at UQ Business School; and describe what value you think you will bring to your fellow MBA students; and outline your long-term career goals; and provide evidence of your leadership skills and community involvement; and outline how you will add value to the MBA program; and supply two written references as follows:
- a professional reference from a current or former (recent) supervisor or manager; and
- a character reference; and
- attend an interview if required—in Australia or via video-conference/skype/phone. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted as required to arrange a suitable time; and
- NOT have been awarded any other MBA scholarship as defined by UQ Business School.
- Applications for admission to the MBA program should be submitted separately to your scholarship application.
Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadline is 31 October 2015.