Facebook is offering an internship in Software Engineering for the year 2016. As part of their hiring process, Ph.D. interns are pre-assigned to a relevant team based on their expertise and interests. This internship has minimum twelve (12) week duration with winter, summer and fall start dates. Interns must be currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship. This is an unpaid internship programme.
Field of Internship: Internship is offered in Software Engineering.
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: Facebook
Internship can be taken at: USA (Menlo Park, CA – New York, NY – Seattle, WA)
Eligibility: -Pursuing Ph.D. in Computer Science, related STEM or quantitative field or relevant experience
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship
- Research experiences in a relevant field, such as machine learning, NLP, recommendation systems, pattern recognition, signal processing, data mining, artificial intelligence, or computer vision
- Experience in systems software or algorithms
- Experience in C/C++, Java, Perl, or PHP
- Experience in scripting languages such as Perl, PHP, Python, and shell scripts
- Experience with Hadoop/Hbase/Pig or MapReduce/Sawzall/Bigtable is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- High levels of creativity and quick problem-solving capabilities
- Proven track record of achieving significant results
- Preferred: Demonstrated software engineer experience via an internship, work experience, coding competitions, or Ph.D. papers
- Ability to obtain work authorization in the United States in 2016.
Internship Open for International Students: International applicants are eligible to apply for this internship programme.
Is this paid internship? This is an unpaid internship programme.
Internship Description: Facebook was built to help people connect and share, and over the last decade our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. With over a billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at Facebook offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Facebook's mission is to connect the world. At Facebook, we use machine learning across a diverse set of applications to help people discover better content more quickly and to connect with the things that matter most to them. We strive to find ways to deliver more engaging content in News Feed, rank search results more accurately and present the most relevant ads possible.
Number of awards offered: Not Known
Internship Duration: This internship has minimum twelve (12) week duration with winter, summer and fall start dates.
Notification: Not Known
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
Internship Application Deadline: Contact Employer