Release concerning the launching of a competitive entrance examination into the first year of the national advanced school of engineering of the University of Yaounde l, and to fix the number of places available for the 2015/2016 academic year.
THE MINISTER OF HIGHER EDUCATION HEREBYANNOUNCES TO:
- Final year students of the science, technical and industrial series of Baccalaureate C, D, E and F, as weil as those preparing for the General Certificate of Education Advanced level (GCE-Al) in Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry, and who have passed in at least four subjects (Religious knowledge excluded) at the GCEOl in one sitting.
- Holders of the Baccalaureate or at least two papers in the GCE-Al obtained in one sitting, excluding Religious Knowledge.
- Holders of other equivalent certificates recognised by the Minister of Higher Education that;
A competitive entrance examination for the admission of one hundred and eighty (180) students into the first year of the National Advanced School of Engineering (ENSP)of the University of Yaounde l, has been launched for the 2015/2016 academic year, in the following centres: Bafoussam, Bamenda, Bertoua, Buea, Douala, Ebolowa, Garoua, Maroua, Ngaoundere, Yaounde and in the capitals of CEMAC Countries. The examination shall consist of two 3 hours long written papers in Mathematics and of two 3 hours long written papers in Physics, both of equal rating.
The syllabus is that of Première and Terminale classes, C series, or of .GCE-A level Physics and Further Mathematics. There shall be no oral examination.
Successful candidates shall finally be admitted only on presentation of an attestation of success or the original result slip of the Baccalaureate or GCE-A-level, obtained during the 2014 session or the equivalent as approved by the Minister of Higher Education, within the deadline set by the school.
Registration for the entrance examination is done online on the school website: www.polytechnique.cm/concours .
The application files shall include the following documents:
- An individual form duly filled by the candidate online on the web site of entrance examination school www.polytechnique.cm/concours .
- A photocopy of the nationalldentity card or its receipt.
- Transcripts for lower and Upper Sixth forms or First and Final year where applicable.
- A certified true copy of the birth certificate (not more than three months old).
- A certified true copy of the Baccalaureate/GCE-A/l in two subjects (Religious knowledge excluded) or equivalent certificate recognised by the Ministry of Higher Education or an Attestation of success of any of the above.
- Transcripts of the Probatoire and Baccalaureate or Form five (GCE-O/l class) and Upper Sixth (GCE-A/l class) which ever is applicable.
- 4 passport size photographs (4 x 4)
- A medical attestation of physical fitness delivered by astate registered medical doctor.
- An A4 (400) francs CFAstamped self dressed envelope .
The examination fee of twenty thousand francs CFA (20.000 frs) shall be payable through EXPRESSUNION with a receipt delivered in exchange. The receipt shall be attached to the candidate's application file.
Any other means of payment shall not be accepted.
The complete application files shall reach the Admissions Office of The National Advanced School of Engineering Yaounde, or the Regional Delegation of The Ministry of Secondary Education of their residence latest the 01st of July 2015. However, foreign candidates of countries in The CEMAC Zone, shall deposit their files with the Cameroonian diplomatie representatives in their respective countries.
Candidates sitting for the examination while awaiting the results of the required certificate examinations shall be finally admitted into the School only if they present the original certificate or result slip before the beginning of the 2015/2016 academic year as prescribed by the School.
Only candidates who have handed in complete application files within the dead-line will be called upon to write the exams. They are therefore requested to come along with their National Identity Cards which must be presented to the examination authorities.
Candidates for the entrance examination into the first year must not beabove 25 years by the 1st of January 2015.
The examination will take place on the 08th and 09th of July 2015 in the centres indicated above.