Competitive entrance examination into Level 1 in the cycle of bachelor degree in veterinary sciences of the School of Veterinary Medicine and Sciences (SVMS) of the University of Ngaoundere
Decision To launch the competitive entrance examination and fixing the number of places for admission into Level 1 in the cycle of bachelor degree in veterinary sciences of the School of Veterinary Medicine and Sciences (SVMS) of the University of Ngaoundere for the 2015/2016 academic year.
HEREBY DECIDES AS FOLLOWS
A competitive entrance examination for admission of fourty (40) students into Level 1 of the cycle of bachelor in veterinary sciences of the School of Veterinary Medicine and sciences of the University of Ngaoundere for the 2015/2016 academic year will take place on the following date and centres: 12th August, 2015 in Ngaoundéré, Buea, Dschang, Maroua and Yaounde.
- The entrance examination is open to Cameroonians of both sexes who are holders of the baccalauréat (series C or 0), the General Certificate of Education Advanced Level in at least three science subjects including Biology, and the GCE "0" Level, or any other equivalent certificate recognised by the Ministry of Higher Education.
- Citizens of member countries of the Central African Economic Union (CEMAC) which have ratified texts on national treatment of students and who are holders of equivalent . qualifications are eligible to write the entrance examination under the same conditions as their Cameroonian counterparts.
- Cameroonian candidates and those from other countries including CEMAC member countries who wish to not write the entrance examination, but hold a scholarship from their Government or international organisation, may apply for direct admission which is contingent upon the number of available places (maximum ten places) and payment of FCFA 1.000.000 (one millionllyear as tuition fees.
Each candidate should forward to the Students' Records Service of ESMV, not later than August 11th, 2015, a complete application file comprising the following documents:
- An application form obtainable from the ESMV of the University of Ngaoundere, other six State Universities (Inter-University Co-operation Service), Regional Delegations of Secondary Education, the University of Dschang's off-campus stations in Yaounde (Nkolbisson), Maroua, Ebolowa, Bambili and Belabo and the Ngaoundere university's antena in Yaounde (Nkolbisson) and Bertoua. It can also be obtained from the web site of the Ministry of Higher Education: www.minesup.gov.cm and that of the University of Ngaoundere: www.univ-ndere.cm
- A certified true photocopy of the GCE "A" Level certificate, "baccalauréat" (scientific series) or an equivalent certificate; or a certified copy of results slip;
- Certified true photocopies of "baccalauréat" and "probatoire" transcripts or a certified photocopy of GCE "A" and "0" results ;
- A certified true photocopy of birth certificate (issued not more than 3 months earlier);
- A medical certificate signed by a Government Medical Practitioner ;
- 4 recent passport size photographs (4x4) ;
- A receipt upon payment of FCFA fifteen thousands (15.000) as application fees. The application fees are paid either into the bank account N° 01207980601/11 in ECOBANK, or through Express Union to ESMV (University of Ngaoundéré)
- A large (A4 size) self-addressed stamped envelope (postage determined with the contents of file) with full address of the candidate or parents
The application fees are non - refundable.
Only candidates who submit complete application files shall be authorised to write the entrance examination.
- The entrance examination shall comprise a written part and an assessment of candidates' previous academic records.
- The written examination shall comprise the following papers:
PAPER TIME COEFFICIENT Bioloqv/ Chemistry 2 hours 4 Mathematics/Physics 2 hours 3 General Knowledqe 2 hours 2
- The examination syllabuses are the same as those used in the classes preparing for the required certificates that are, the GCE "A" Level and baccalauréat.
- Each paper shall be marked out of 20 points and a score below 04/20 in any of the papers shall eliminate the candidate.
- Assessment of candidates' previous academic records shall be based on the following:
- Baccalauréat and Probatoire transcripts (francophone candidates) ;
- General Certificate of Education "A" Level and "a" Level results ;
- The number of times the candidate repeated between "0" and "A" levels;
- The number of years after graduate the GCE "A" level.
- The final mark in the examination shall be calculated as follows: 80% for the written examination and 20% for the candidate's previous academic records.
- The results shall be compiled and prepared by a jury appointed by the Minister of Higher Education.
The Rector of the University of Ngaoundere, the Director of the University Accreditations and Quality and the Director of the School of Veterinary Medicine and Sciences are, each in his capacity, responsible for the implementation of this decision which shall be registered and published in English and French wherever need be.