Initiative of German Industry for Future Leaders from Sub-Sahara Africa
Afrika kommt! (Africa is coming!) is a joint initiative for capacity building of leading German compa-
nies. It aims at young highly qualified professionals from Sub-Saharan African countries with several
years of working experience on the job.
During a 12-month stay in Germany, a 9-month internship in one of the participating companies forms
the heart of the program. The practical training gives participants the opportunity to gain first-hand
experience of management practice and to participate in economic, social and organisational change
processes and will enable them to establish a network between cooperation partners from their home
companies and German companies.
QUALIFICATION/LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE
- University degree in one of the following areas: Agricultural Science, Forestry, Crop Protection, Life Science, Economics, Business Administration, Sales, Marketing, Law, Finance, Chemistry, Pharmacy, Physics, Medicine, Healthcare, Engineering, Civil and Structural Engineering, Computer Science
- Postgraduate degree (e.g. MBA) is an advantage
- Two to five years of relevant work experience
- Excellent English languages skills, French and German are an advantage
- Intercultural competencies, open to new experiences abroad and willing to learn German
- Roundtrip airfare to and from Germany, travel and accommodation in Germany
- Fees for German language courses
- Living allowance
- Coverage of health insurance, accident insurance and liability insurance
- International Management Training (IMT) courses
- Relocation fee
Applications for the AFRIKA KOMMT! Program cycle from 2014 – 2016 can be submitted until 07
September 2014 through the online application form on afrika-kommt.de only.
Successful candidates will be invited to an assessment centre in Africa in November 2014.