Call for magazine articles
ABOUT WEDDING VIBES:
Wedding Vibes is the first Cameroon online wedding magazine for everyday brides with style looking for a unique inspiration and resources for their wedding. We take pride in supporting business owners in the wedding industry by showcasing their businesses and featuring their talent on our digital and print magazine.
Wedding Vibes, is a quarterly magazine, whose editorial content focuses on a wide variety of reader interests, including fashion, beauty, jewelry, grooming, fitness, wedding and honeymoon destinations, Do-it- yourself wedding tips, cakes designs, wedding planners, gifting, celebrity marriages and more.
Magazine article submissions are now being accepted for the second edition of Wedding Vibes Magazine.
ARTICLE CRITERIA AND SUBMISSION PROCESS
Please consider the following criteria when developing article submissions.
- Submissions must include the author's full contact information.
- Articles should be in Microsoft Word format.
- Images should be attached separately in JPEG format.
- Pictures should include a detailed caption of the event or individuals.
- Consent forms should be provided for individuals featured in articles or pictures. For blank consent forms, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- All articles should be written in English and/or French.
- Articles with links that are incorrect or inappropriate will be declined.
- Each submission will be reviewed by an Editor who may correct spelling and grammar and edit for length.
- Fonts and formatting will be done by the editor.
All submissions meeting the above requirements should be submitted to email@example.com At the time of submission, authors should also download a copy of the Wedding Vibes Magazine Copyright Form. This form must be read, signed, and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org in order for the submission to be accepted.
TOPICS AND INTEREST AREAS
The Wedding Vibes Magazine will differentiate itself by including topics that show the crosscutting and interdisciplinary nature of current wedding trends. The articles presented will integrate Weddings with current issues facing society such as fashion, beauty, social media, Internet etc
Topics and areas of interest include but are not limited to:
- Technology and 21st century love relationships
- Online dating for Africans
- Articles on grooms, groomsmen, brothers, fathers of the bride or groom on wedding related topics
- Articles on brides, bridesmaids, mothers on wedding related topics
- Divorce in the African and/or Cameroonian culture
- Tips and tricks in preparing for a wedding
- Celebrating Hen night and bachelor parties
- Marriage myths
- Health and weddings
- Fitness and weddings
- Do it yourself wedding ideas
- Imported wedding cultures from the west now used by Africans.
- The month of December, the wedding season
- Current affairs and highlights within the wedding industry
- Presenting traditional aspects of marriage in the Cameroonian society and African milieu in general.
- “Invisible” yet vital actors (MC, DJ, barbers etc) in the wedding industry
- Articles and interviews with couples celebrating marriage anniversaries
- Practical advice and methods for organising and preparing for a wedding.
- Marriage and work-Life balance
- Issues facing inter tribal marriages, long distance relationships.
- International and culture differences in marriages
- Recipe for successful marriage
If you submit an article, please read and provide a written signature on the Attached wedding vibes copyright form, and send to email@example.com
Deadline for submission of articles is April 15th 2015 at 6:00 PM
Best articles shall be selected to feature in our magazine, blog, and social media.
- First Prize: 100, 000 FCFA
- Second prize: 75, 000 FCFA
- Third prize: 50, 000 FCFA