Thank you for your interest in our Software Engineering Internship positions. Applications are due by January 31, 2016 at 11:59pm PST. Our team will review applications on a rolling basis and it's in the candidates best interest to apply early. If we receive the required number of candidates we may close the applications early. All hiring will be completed by March 2016. Thank you for your patience while we consider your application.
Google aspires to be an organization that reflects the globally diverse audience that our search engine and tools serve. We believe that in addition to hiring the best talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas and cultures leads to the creation of better products and services.
Google is invested in increasing the number of future computer scientists and software developers, particularly those who are historically underrepresented in the field. Many aspiring computer scientists could benefit from a program that bridges the gap between academic study and a professional internship; Google wants to inspire students to continue in the field with such a program.
With this in mind, Google announces the 2016 Summer Trainee Engineering Program (STEP) internships in Europe are now open to students who have completed the first year of their university studies by summer of 2016 and are studying Computer Science or related subjects.
At Google, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
This summer trainee program includes:
Software Project: Work with a team of Googlers and STEP Interns on a 12-week development project.
Skills-Based Training: Enhance your coding skills; get exposed to new tools and programming languages.
Professional Development: Attend ongoing technical talks by senior Googlers, additionally, learn how to enhance your resume, take on technical interviews, and improve your presentation skills.
Mentorship: Be matched with a Google engineer, other than your manager, to guide you through your summer experience.
Fun: Attend social, community building and networking activities. Build a relationship with your peers.
Exposure: Get a unique glimpse into applying your computer science studies in a professional environment.
In 2016 we will have two STEP cohorts. You must be available for one of the following periods:
- 13th June to 2nd September
- 4th July to 23rd September
- Research, conceive and develop software applications to extend and improve on Google's product offering.
- Contribute to a wide variety of projects utilizing natural language processing, artificial intelligence, data compression, machine learning and search technologies.
- Collaborate on scalability issues involving access to massive amounts of data and information.
- Solve all problems that come your way.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Must have completed your first or second year of undergraduate studies by summer 2016 and must be graduating in 2018 or beyond.
- Must be available from 13th June to 2nd September 2016 or 4th July to 23rd September 2016.
- Have programming experience in either Java, Python or C++
- Experience in programming outside of your university course.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
Develop the next-generation technologies that change how millions interact.
Google Zurich brings Googlers together from 75 countries to work on some of the most challenging engineering problems around, making products used by millions of people.
Do cool things that matter at Google Stockholm.
Do cool things that matter at Google Warsaw.
Germans have a reputation for great engineering - and for knowing how to have a good time. At Google Munich, we're doing our best to uphold both traditions. Our engineers work on global products and infrastructure, and our sales Googlers work with Enterprise product customers and digital advertisers big and small.
- Team or role: Software Engineering
- Job type: Intern
- Last updated: Dec 01, 2015
- Job location(s): Stockholm, Sweden; Warsaw, Poland; Munich, Germany; Zürich, Switzerland