Petite annonce / classified ad
Retrouvez CampusJeunes sur LinkedIn via ce lien : https://www.linkedin.com/company/campusjeunes
Recevez toutes nos annonces sur Telegram via notre lien CampusJeunes_Channel : https://t.me/campusjeunes_channel / Chat with other internet users through CampusJeunes_Group on Telegram: https://t.me/campusjeunes
Want to make a positive difference to the future of people and our one shared home, the Earth?
Working with WWF could be your opportunity of a lifetime:
All around the world, people are waking up to the deepening crisis of nature loss. A growing realization that nature is our life-support system. And that nobody will be spared from the impacts of its loss. Here at WWF, we are helping to tackle this enormous global challenge.
Our people come from hugely diverse backgrounds and with a variety of expertise, ranging from HR and finance to advocacy and conservation science. We welcome applications from anyone who believes they can help us create a better future for people and wildlife.
What we do:
We are an independent conservation organization, striving to sustain the natural world for the benefit of people and wildlife. From individuals and communities to business and government, we are part of a growing coalition calling on world leaders to set nature on the path to recovery by 2030. Together, we seek to protect and restore natural habitats, stop the mass extinction of wildlife, and make the way we produce and consume sustainable.
For our country programme office in Cameroon, we are looking for a dynamic and committed Junior Conservation Biologist (JCB)-Lobeke.
Junior Field Assistant
Mambele; Boumba et Ngoko Division, South East Cameroon
One (1) year
Mission of the Department:
The mission of WWF CCPO JSEF is to ensure sustainable management of natural resources in Southeast Cameroon through participatory management practices involving all stakeholders and contributes to improving the living conditions of the local people. This includes (1) negotiation of macro-zoning plan (with protected area, forest and hunting concessions, agroforestry zone,...), (2) development of basic infrastructure and preparation of management plans for three protected areas (Lobeke, Boumba Bek and Nki) that cover 6,380km2 of biologically important moist evergreen and semi-deciduous closed forest, with high densities of elephants, western lowland gorillas, chimpanzees and bongos, (3) support to concessionaries in the implementation of sustainable practices, and (4) assistance in setting in place Community Based Organizations to insure full participation of local population in natural resource management and the contribution of those resources to poverty alleviation.
The JCB is responsible for overall day-to-day implementation of agreed ecological monitoring activities in Lobeke National Park. In this regard, he works under the direct technical supervision of the Jengi-TNS Technical Advisor and to some extent, the Program Manager for related activities. He is also expected to be responsible for all project equipment at his disposal for execution of field activities. He generally assists the Technical Advisor in the implementation of conservation activities in Lobeke National Park and overall management of the site.
- Provide technical assistance to the development and implementation of management plan of Lobeke National Park and its surrounding zones;
- Ensure implementation of ongoing ecological monitoring activities in Lobeke NP and its peripheries, with data collection and management following relevant scientific protocols;
- Assist in raising local community awareness and participation in conservation issues and project related activities through:
- Provide technical support to village surveillance committee group (ASMO and COVILAB) in ecological monitoring within Community Hunting zone;
- Organization of local populations for surveillance of National Park;
- Assist Conservator and other MINFOF staff with data management and analysis and train/strengthen the capacity of appointed park rangers for these tasks;
- Provide technical assistance to logging and hunting concessionaries in sustainable management of forest and wildlife resources;
- Under the supervision of the Park Assistant, ensure the project's compliance with technical and financial reporting and monitoring/evaluation requirements.
- Produce concise and well written field reports on a regular basis to ensure TA and other WWF staff are well briefed on program activities.
Required Functional Skills
- Minimum of Bachelors or Engineer Degree in one or more of following domains: Forestry and wildlife, Rural Geography, Eco-tourism, or any related specialization;
- Minimum of 3 years' professional experience in one or more of the following domains: (1) management of forest and wildlife resources, (2) rural, community and organizational development,
- Good overview of legal and institutional framework in the area of forest and wildlife resources management in Cameroon,
- Demonstrated knowledge in use of GPS and GIS-related software, Cybertracker/SMART and related tools
- Good knowledge in camera trapping, wildlife observation and photo analysis;
- Demonstrated knowledge in data collection in phenology and corelating wildlife movement to fruiting patterns;
- Demonstrated skills to use camera traps to provide advice on ecotourism;
- Proven statistics and data analysis capacities (Excel, other relevant software);
- Ability to manage databases; experience with managing files on Google Drive
- Computer literate, knowledge of data analysis software;
- Excellent written skills
- Fluency in French and English.
- Familiarity with conservation issues in African rain forest and conservation strategies
Required Skills and Competencies
- Communication skills to discuss with a diversity of stakeholders including Protected Area authorities, local communities, traditional authorities. Capacity to communicate transparent and respectful, focused on well-defined objectives is key;
- Willingness and ability to work in a remote area with low supervision;
- Good skills - both written and verbal (English and French);
- Good computer skills (MS Office package, Online researches, etc.), IT skills will be an asset;
- Culturally aware and able to work effectively in various cultural environments;
- Adhere to WWF's values: Respect, Courage, Integrity & Collaboration
Collaborate with other key technical staff of the program as CDO and Finance Accounting and Administrative Assistant.
Work closely/collaborate with MINFOF & MINEP services in the South-East Cameroon. He has to collaborate with COVAREF, COVILAB (Village surveillance Committee), and Local NGOs.
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
How to apply:
Email a Cover letter and CV to email@example.com
The subject should read JUNIORBIO-21. Deadline for applications: 28th February 2021.
Thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Please note that only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted for follow up. If you have not been contacted five (5) days after closing, consider your application unsuccessful.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce