The Logistics Officer NOSO will be responsible for the management and delivery of all logistics related activities, commensurate with their level of knowledge and experience, in accordance with ITERSOS Logistics and Procurement policies and procedures.
Fundamental to this role is the ability to manage and motivate assigned logistics team and engage with other mission or response staff, external contractors and organizations therefore you are required to have the skills to communicate clearly verbally and in writing and produce written reports.
Missions and Responsibilities:
- Provide to supervisors the logistics oversight, and input to manage staff support to, delivery of, and implementation of, all logistics support systems according to INTERSOS Logistics policies and procedures.
- Work with supervisors to provide planning support and advice to those making procurement request, then process and manage the procurement process in accordance with INTERSOS policies and procedures, in a transparent, accountable, efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Work with supervisors to ensure that local market surveys are regularly carried out, to ensure a full knowledge of the availability and price of local items. Ensure that all procurements are managed, tracked, and recorded. Identify, and suggest items that should be part of a pre-approved tender process and ensure that open and free competition for procurements is adhered too.
- Proactively manage the tracking of all supplies, equipment, materiel in transit, through its receipt, storage, and onward distribution to include providing input on the location and negotiation of contracting for storage/warehousing that is secure, well-maintained, and meets safe working practice requirements.
- Manage the capture of pipeline information, and the supply chain ensuring that Program staff are well-informed and well-prepared for incoming goods and materials.
- Ensure timely reporting on stock status, to help Program staff with planning of stock replenishment and that tracking through to the end-user has occurred.
- Strongly support program staff in the distribution of goods to the beneficiaries in a timely and compliant manner.
- Assist with the management of all matter's logistics relating to transport and fuel management, to ensure that vehicles are insured, asset managed correctly, being driven safely, maintained appropriately, damages are reported, and ensure that vehicles internal equipment (tools, comms etc) are complete and serviceable; and that usage of fuel is correctly managed, and logged and recorded. Liaise with security personnel on security-related transport issues, such as booking in/out, satcomms, radios etc.
- Support supervisors to manage all matters logistics regarding satellite communications and radio communications to ensure that equipment's are insured, asset managed diligently, operated in the most cost-efficient manner, and maintained appropriately.
- Raising issues though senior management as required.
- Manage the maintenance of accurate filing systems, with documented and supported records of actions for audit purposes. Contribute to weekly and monthly logistics reports to the in-country management team.
- Be flexible and manage time accordingly, to be prepared to tackle other tasks commensurate within role, and level of experience, at short notice.
- Logistics Human Resources
- Manage all staff you supervise with integrity and foresight, and in accordance with HR procedures and policies to ensure that they maintain the highest standards of accountability and professionalism.
- Make frequent site visits to where staff supervised by you are working, to ensure that the appropriate care and support is being offered. Ensure that staff supervised by you are evaluated regularly, trained and/or mentored in a structured accountable manner, and written records of such are retained.
- Proactively engage with supervisors, and key staff (Program, Finance) on all matters logistic to assist with ensuring that programmatic and project activities are timely carried out.
- Proactively engage on a regular basis with logistics teams from other organizations to ensure appropriate links for interagency logistics coordination.
- Ensure the application of, and compliance with, security protocols and policies of you and supervised staff assigned.
- Master's degree in Logistics and Transports, supply chain management, or all equivalent diplomas
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar role
- Minimum 2 Years in a similar position with NGO
- English and Pidgin, knowledge of French is considered an asset.
- knowledge of distribution, warehousing and logistics management.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks.
- Respect and non-discriminatory attitude
- Teamwork and communication skills
- IT / bureaucratic, general principles of automotive mechanics
- Basic knowledge of clearance of goods and transports, general principles of stock management