CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST - VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NO : 1900142
Issued on: 24 JANUARY 2019
Deadline For Application: 06 February 2019
JOB TITLE: Assistant to the Project Management Unit
TYPE OF REQUISITION: National Project Personnel
DUTY STATION: Yaounde-Cameroon
DURATION: 11 Months
ORGANIZATIONAL UNIT: FAO Cameroon (Project GCP/CMR/031/GFF)
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants and qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member countries are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence
The Liaison and Partnership Office of FAO Cameroon, is in charge of elaborating, promoting, supervising and executing agreed upon strategies to attain prioritised objectives in matters of food, nutrition, agriculture, and rural development
The Assistant to the project will work under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Cameroon and technical guidance of the Technical Project Co-ordinator and the Lead technical Officer. He/She will work in close collaboration with the consultants and stakeholders involved in the project and the Project Management Unit
Provide Technical expertise and support to the project planning, implementation, operations and performance monitoring for the project.
Tasks and responsibilities
The Assistant to the project will carry out the following duties:
- Contribute in facilitating communications with national executing partners, other stakeholders and collaborative institutions for project activities, to optimize access and to ensure timely organization and facilitation of activities relating to project implementation;
- Follow-up with implementing partners, sub-contractors for progress report, and submission of reports;
- Assists with the design, development and dissemination of project products and reports
- Assists in arranging programmes for in-coming and out-going official mission, make appointments with project stakeholders, including logistical arrangements and secretarial assistance;
- Assists in coordination and monitoring of project activities and participating in technical missions in the field;
- Provide assistance to review and editing of technical reports, annual and progress reports
- Assist the Technical Project Coordinator in the preparation of the documentation for the Project Steering Committee meetings;
- Assist for follow-up of budget reporting and monitoring and evaluation databases.
- Assist in the organization of meetings, training workshops and other project-related events;
- Contribute in preparing terms of reference, development of training modules/ materials for capacity building of farmers, pesticide retailers and other stakeholders,( in the management of pesticides and empty pesticide containers, and on proven alternatives to highly hazardous pesticides);
- Contribute to the preparation of annual work plans and detailed budgets;
- Contribute in the development of a national strategy for empty pesticides container management in Cameroon;
- Participate in the preparation and implementation of promotion strategy on proven alternatives to HHPs;
- Perform other related duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University degree in Agriculture, crop protection or related subject;
- At least five years of experience in the area of Agriculture/Crop protection and assistance to project manager. An experience on GEF projects will be an asset
- Be of Cameroonian nationality
- Working knowledge of English and French
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Good knowledge of procedures of international organizations in general and that of the United Nations in particular
Candidates will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Office.
- Ability to work productively and harmoniously with people of different national and cultural backgrounds in a team environment.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure.
- Working knowledge in English or French is an advantage.
- Bilingual (French, English)
- Writing Capacity
- Dynamic and results oriented
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: iRecruitment@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- For further information on categories, contract duration and honoraria, please refer to the Conditions page.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
Vacancies will be removed from the recruitment portal at 23:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: iRecruitment@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT